Custom npc bug

Daeva

Right, I'm not sure what is causing this, but whenever I meet a custom added npc in game, they join fine but then walk up to the pc and initiate their leaving dialogue. This dialogue works fine, however, if you tell them to leave, talking to them only leads to conversation dialogues as if they were still in the party.

I can't post my weidu log right now but the only new mods I've got installed are the bgii fixpack (instead of baldurdash) and the g3 aniversary mod - could either of these be causing the error? I've already tried unistalling and reinstalling every mod on a fresh install but still encounter the error.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

It's not because of reputation is it? You could try an NPC without scripts or check the 2da files manually to see if they are misaligned. There can be many reasons, you could paste here your tp2 or at least the part that installs the npc instead of the error log since I doubt there's anything in that if it installs fine.

It's not because of reputation is it? You could try an NPC without scripts or check the 2da files manually to see if they are misaligned. There can be many reasons, you could paste here your tp2 or at least the part that installs the npc instead of the error log since I doubt there's anything in that if it installs fine.

Thanks for replying.

I was fresh into the game with the standard rep of 10 so it wouldn't be due to reputation. Also, I've checked pdialog.2da and everything is alligned just fine and there seem to be no problems with the script as they do it even when I remove the script from the npcs. They're not npcs I've designed myself but ones from elsewhere - amber's one, kivan another. Both of them suffer from the same problem.

Is it any custom NPC, or just those two? If so, you might want to post a WeiDu Log or savegame over at Kivan's/Amber's forums. There might be some specific variable that has accidentally been set in a leaving script.

Uninstall Virtue. Then exit. Then install Virtue. It should always be installed last - its readme says so.

(If it's not Virtue, I do not know what it is).

Genius - it worked, obviously I should learn to read...

Thanks, v much!

Archived