Bug Reports for Alpha 20

Domi

I think that flirtpacks should be getting better now. The flirts I added though are not yet proof-read, so I appologize in advance if you start seeing some horrid grammar!

What I'd like to see, apart from the garden variety bugs:

-Rizdaer and Jaemal's flirts - does it look Okay?

-Jaemal post Diriel thinggy: if you interrupted the romance before the said occurence, Jaemal does not pack up and leave. If you told Diriel to go breed elsewhere, Jaemal's romance *can* be restored.

-Romantic conflicts. Are we seeing the conflict banter once we are past 5 first talks with Riz and Jaemal.

-Peony's romance - she actually starts romancing you now in Chapter 2?

-Her flirts do not crash the game?

I'd really appreciate if someone will start a game with a male PC and Salomeya's Romance. I know I said that I need to run it first, but I am still in Targos Docks.... ;)

Also, forgot to ask in the first post, but if you are romancing Jaemal, could you let me know, if you are seeing a dialogue on the bridge in Chapter 6 after defeating the half-dragons delegation in th aerie? Thank you!

Hi Domi,

I've got a bit more free time so I installed alpha 20 - and well I think my game has gone screwy before I even got out of the first screen.

My party was

F NG Tiefling Rogue - Sir Nord - Hildury - Prachi - Valeroo - Jaemal

The prologue begins Hedron gives his speil, but then no Sir Nord interjection, instead Jaemal immediately begins talking about the colours of the sky.

He then proceeds to engage my character every few minutes, the last banter had Jaemal saying something along the lines of

Yep Salomeya is not in the party so let's party ... and he then begins about talking about Salomeya ? One of the dialogue tracts led me into a loop,

"Salomeya has a penchant..." I selected 1 then 4 which took me back to 1, before eventually

I then got an object error ... which crashed it.

Help ...

*Edit*

OK I reinstalled NPC Project and tried a different party combo and that seemed ok. I'll try the romance with madam if you like, you'll have to remind of any requirements though.

Small typo...

Prachi-Peony during the Prologue:

Peony: "...little flowers. Velvethearts. Pansies."

Prachi: "I gather that a pansy is an insult in theses parts." (these)

(edit: and in the next line, I think "narrowminded" should be "narrow-minded." Maybe. >_> And I'm also unsure about the comma in "Perhaps, I was a flower in my past life." (same convo) It's not starndard grammar, but it could just be Prachi talking in pauses? ;) )

The prologue begins Hedron gives his speil, but then no Sir Nord interjection, instead Jaemal immediately begins talking about the colours of the sky.

Hmm, I recreated your party composition and everything worked well. Can you see if it is Okay now, after your re-install in your game?

I have a problem with "spontaneous" Rizdaer's flirt. Rizdaer talk(I hear a sound) and then appear black window for 1-3 sec and pass away. ;)

My party:

drow female PC, Rizdaer, Diriel, Jaemal, Salomeya, Nord. Im in chapter 5 and Riz romance active: 2

PS. Before install version 20, I didn't have this problem.

PS. Ohh...my english... ;)

It sounds a little bit like what happens when you install your mod when the game is running. Will you be able to uninstall the mod, then re-install it when the game is securely shut down.

If that does not fix the problem, I see a thing that could be causing it in my new flrt file. Could you please, replace the

P#RIINFL.D in your D3 subfolder with an un-rared version of the file I've attached to this post, and then re-run the installer?

If neither fixes the problem, will you be able to forward me your saved game?

P_RIINFL.rar

Hmm, I recreated your party composition and everything worked well. Can you see if it is Okay now, after your re-install in your game?

Right good news is that this time I got Sir Nord's little speech ...

The bad is that I'm still getting the rapid cycle through Jaemal's flirting which qucikly brings me to the

"Yep Salomeya's not in the party, its time to party" dealy which results in a crash due to ObjCreature.cpp at line number 12720.

Do you want me to send you my save game?

Yes, please! I need to see if that is some reinstall artifact (ie you have a piece of BAF that hangs in your install somewhere), or a glitching script.

And I have a chilling feeling that my correcting flirting system broke it. Well, it's like road construction, I am afraid. Whenever you want to improve something....

Ok... It's a bad thing if the characters all turn invisible and won't move/act (except for talking and sleeping, lazy bums!), right? :D They went like that right after Jaemal's line about "glad we came this way... orcs not in habit of returning women unharmed." Um, the party is Peony :) , Prachi ;) , Rizdaer ;) , Jaemal :) , Nikosh ;) , and, uh, Charname :).

I also have bits of Ease of use (weimer) and the tweak pack (g3) installed (before npc project). I figured that that might be a bad idea, but not a terrible idea, because if they start kicking and scratching each other, you're going to get people bugging you with bug reports eventually. :D

[edit: Ah, they can cast spells. I accidentally had Jaemal Magic Missile himself. I was searching for a target for anything to do anything, and I clicked on his portrait. >_> "Pain does not hurt." Poor guy! :'( -- edit again... apparently they can only cast on themselves. ^^; ]

Some other stuff... When I proofread I do it by how it looks/sounds (grammar rules? what are those? was school supposed to... nvm), so this may not be all wrong, but:

Jaemal-PC: "No, I don't want to talk about blood."

PC: (possible response) "(Isn't he though? Because... Should I ask?) Are you sure? The sky -- it's the color of blood." <-- I have no idea who isn't what, or what the question is about. >_>

same convo:

Jaemal: "It shines like gold and copper of the temple domes; like leaves in the fall, like coins and gems of the treasure hordes in the illuminated scrolls..." <-- seems to me like it should be "the gold and copper" or "the gold and the copper" (well, I prefer the former, but I dislike poetic speech) because they are specific temple domes ("the temple domes") and "the coins and gems" because they are specific scrolls.

later Jaemal-PC:

Jaemal: "The same way your eyes, even closed, remember light after you looked at it." <-- after you look at it

Jaemal-Rizdaer:

Rizdaer: "Some things didn't change. Such as eliminating rivals."

Jaemal: "A time honored drow tradition!" <-- time-honored?

I feel like I'm nit-picking and someone's going to come along and go, "but you're wrong anyway!" ;)

But! I thought this was funny! Cruising through the character pages at the beginning... Most Powerful Vanquished: evil dude, evil dude, goblin, goblin, goblin, ...wait. :) (not that Peony doesn't make me giggle enough without me going out of my way to look for laughs) :D

Ok... It's a bad thing if the characters all turn invisible and won't move/act (except for talking and sleeping, lazy bums!), right? They went like that right after Jaemal's line about "glad we came this way... orcs not in habit of returning women unharmed." Um, the party is Peony , Prachi , Rizdaer , Jaemal , Nikosh , and, uh, Charname .

It must be interfereing with a cutscene, the way Diriel did or something. I'll double check. For now, please set

"P#JaemalSabrinaAbduction","GLOBAL" to 2 before the event, it should get you past the problem.

That does help! It still scrolls over to the bottom-left-hand corner of the map, but now it scrolls back and the chars don't teleport there and turn invisible. ( ;) I should've posted the scolling/'porting behavior the first time, I guess, unless it's not useful information, but I was more worried about the invisibility. *stupid*)

Is the Peony halfling avatar component supposed to work for the PC too? Currently Peony's a halfling on the screen, and a bearded fellow on the inventory page. Starting with a sorceress halfling PC (Nikosh needs to pestered bug-tested! but I guess I'll probably try some other time now that the first game is continuing), she shows up as a bearded old dude on the screen and inventory. You were very right about not being able to mistake that for a lady. ^_^'

Archived