Is there interest in more BG'rising of IWD2?

Domi

Oh, okay. OC modifications are on the Vault, and seeing that the Vault content goes through Bio/Obsidian, I guess they don't really mind. I have no problems with having a limited voicing in a stand-alone mod, though I kind of hopeful to find a few actors for a mini-mod I am pulling together now, since it is short and the amount of lines will be relatively limited. ;)

When I got IWD2 years ago, I played it through twice with different parties, but that was it. The lack of interesting NPCs and proper interaction between party members killed my interest in the game. It's great to be able to create a complete party and play with it, but in my opinion CRPGs should also have a host of pre-created NPCs available, ready to join the player's party, complete with their own stories, agendas and quests. Obsidian did a bad job with the forced party members of NWN2, but at least such characters aren't as dead and silent as a party completely created by the player.

So if you're willing to mod IWD2 and improve it, I'm ready to download and play everything you've got to offer. I'm very much looking forward to your IWD2 NPCs. (And I'm too lazy to download and test the Alpha version, since I already have my hands full with NWN2 modding...) ;)

If you do decide to Baldurise IWD2, I'd be more than interested :) .

Seriously, I think it could have been great, the storyline's quite good, and there are a lot of power groups, but nothing's done with them.

If something were done to IWD2 it would be....amazing, I can really empathise with Chimera (especially Sherincal), and the Aurilites were interesting (felt so guilty about the Priestesses). It would make it much less black and white,

If you do a NWN2 mod, I'll play that :) , assumin my PC will install the damn patch

*kicks computer*

Archived