A little help here?

Guest Incompetent n00b

Danke. Thanks for all the help.

Alrighty then. It occurs to me that basically all I'm looking to do for this kit, in terms of usability, is to create a Thief with the usibility options of a Kensai, ergo "0x00000004 4" I think.

Thing is, I would like braciers if possible... (I'm not really keen on the other non-bladed weapons a Kensai gets to use, but as I disalowed proficiency in said weapons I don't think anyone would use them) would it be easier to somehow add the option to use these for the kit? Or am I better off just customizing?

If the latter, I could use a bit more help. I kinda get what you're saying, but am sketchy on the details (BOR?). Is there a section in the tutorials that deals specifically with this?

I understand I'm way over my head, but would like to cease being a n00b as quickly as possible. Unfortunately the only way I know to do that is to try and do these things...

Guest Guest
If you just want a thief that can't wear armor, the Shapeshifter flag might be a better choice (unusability flags can only ever exclude, so no worries about getting access to Cernd's heirlooms).

But that would prevent the kit from using most bladed weapons also, would it not?

BOR is a binary OR function (aka disjunction), it's rather annoying to explain the entire code so just look at it, see my comments on what it does and ask more specific questions. I'd be glad to help you more thoroughly but I don't check the forums very often, so if you want more help I can give you my email and we'll talk on msn or something. Either that or look at some more advanced WeiDU tutorials dealing with binary operations and hex code, I'm afraid that without rudimentary knowledge of these functions you're gonna have a hard time editing files on that level via WeiDU.

But that would prevent the kit from using most bladed weapons also, would it not?

Nope :) Bladed weapons are restricted from all druids by having the "druid" unusability flag set, which restricts the base class and all its kits all at once. Take a look at sw1h01 (or anything, really) - you wouldn't have to change any items.

You can also combine the assassin and shapeshifter flags (just add the numbers together: 0x00040000 + 0x10000000 = 0x10040000) to get a kit with fifteen skill points per level that can't wear any armor.

Guest Guest

Okay, so I tried to activate the thing... and it seemed like everthing went through fine... Then I started SoA and discovered that all of my fighter kits were gone (Odd that), and that nothing had been added to the thief class.

More to the point when I went and clicked on the exe file again I was greeted by a message saying:

[sETUP-HITOKIRI.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 48 colum 2-4

Which near as I can tell is the, SAY section:

// Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da 
SAY ~Hitokiri~
SAY ~Hitokiri~
SAY ~HITOKIRI: A thief’s answer to the lethal Kensai, the Hitokiri is a master of blade and shadow.  Relying upon speed, accuracy, conviction, and little else, these fearsome rogues bring swift death to those caught unawares.

Advantages:
- -2 to speed factor.
- +1 to hit and +1 damage for every three levels.
- -2 bonus to AC.
- May backstab for up to x9 damage.
- -1 bonus to speed factor for every 4 levels.
- May use Kai ability one time per day for every 4 levels (starts at 1st
  level with one use). This ability lasts 10 seconds and makes all the
  attacks do maximum damage.

Disadvantages:
- May not wear armor.
- May not use non-bladed weapons.
- May not set traps.
- Only 15 points per level to distribute on abilities.~

I don't see anything wrong... do you?

More to the point when I went and clicked on the exe file again I was greeted by a message saying:

[sETUP-HITOKIRI.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 48 colum 2-4

Which near as I can tell is the, SAY section:

I don't see anything wrong... do you?

It looks fine. Often the errors come from whatever is directly before the line noted, as it is expecting something different from what it finds at that point. Did you include the lines for the HLA table and starting ToB equipment? They are necessary.

Guest Guest

Here is the whole thing, it seems okay to me. I will, of course, look over it again repeatedly, but if you see anything don't be shy.

Danke.

BACKUP ~Hitokiri/backup~ // so WeiDU can uninstall
AUTHOR ~Jenningsb@ripon.edu~ // contact address displayed if installation fails

BEGIN ~Tutorial Kit~ // Hitokiri

COPY ~Hitokiri/LUHI0.2da~ ~override~

// Hitokiri
ADD_KIT ~Hitokiri~

// appended to CLASWEAP.2da
~Hitokiri				1		   1		   0		   0		   0		   0		   0		   0~

// appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da
~Hitokiri 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 5 0 5 5 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABCLASRQ.2da
~Hitokiri			   18	  18	  0	   0	   0	   0~

// appended to ABCLSMOD.2da
~Hitokiri			   0	   0	   0	   0	   0	   0~

// appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da

// appended to ALIGNMNT.2da
~Hitokiri				1	   1	   1	   1	   1	   1	   1	   1	   1~

// appended to DUALCLAS.2da
~Hitokiri				1	   1	   1	   0	   0	   0~

// path to your CLAB-style 2da file 
~Hitokiri/HITOKIRI.2da~

// PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da
~K_T_H K_T_D K_T_G K_T_E K_T_HE K_T_HL K_T_HO~

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry
~0x10040000	 4~

// HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da
~Hi0~

// appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da
~* * * BAG28 RING06 RING05,10 * BOOT02 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 DAGG12 SW1H28 STAF08~

// Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da 
SAY ~Hitokiri~
SAY ~Hitokiri~
SAY ~HITOKIRI: A thief’s answer to the lethal Kensai, the Hitokiri is a master of blade and shadow.  Relying upon speed, accuracy, conviction, and little else, these fearsome rogues bring swift death to those caught unawares.

Advantages:
- -2 to speed factor.
- +1 to hit and +1 damage for every three levels.
- -2 bonus to AC.
- May backstab for up to x9 damage.
- -1 bonus to speed factor for every 4 levels.
- May use Kai ability one time per day for every 4 levels (starts at 1st
  level with one use). This ability lasts 10 seconds and makes all the
  attacks do maximum damage.

Disadvantages:
- May not wear armor.
- May not use non-bladed weapons.
- May not set traps.
- Only 15 points per level to distribute on abilities.~

You're missing the line that appends to ABDCSCRQ.2da. It controls what stats are required to dual from this kit to another class, and it should should come directly after:

// appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da

Guest Guest

It means Assassin. Or, at least, that's the best traslation I can offer (I've also heard 'man-slayer'). Several of them played an important role in the Bakumatsu, Japan's most recent civil war. Supposedly they were unbeatable.

YAY IT WORKS! I name my first-born after you in honor of your contribution! (poor Gibberlings Jennings...)

That is to say the mod works for the purposes I designed it. I have no idea what happened to the fighter classes... Ideas anyone?

YAY IT WORKS! I name my first-born after you in honor of your contribution! (poor Gibberlings Jennings...)

That is to say the mod works for the purposes I designed it. I have no idea what happened to the fighter classes... Ideas anyone?

They may have gotten messed up with the failed initial installation. Try uninstalling all kit-related mods. If it's still not working, try replacing/deleting the kit-related files in the override folder before reinstalling your mod.

Archived