Bug Reports for Alpha 21

Domi

I don't know if anyone mentioned, in the doc Hildury's description talks about Diriel.

Most likely it is reported somewhere, but i can't read all the reports :)

[edit]

actually, only the title 'Hildury' was misplaced.

This is not exactly a bug, but slightly annoying:

The selection sounds are too frequent. I didn't notice this earlier, and i don't know if there is any remedy. They seem to be too talkative, hehe. (I don't have any problem with dialogue interjections, just with the string constants for selection,battlecry etc).

Hmm, probably i could just turn them off in the game options, hehe.

Take this as a compliment: i couldn't find any more serious bugs.

This is even less of a bug:

And the paladin says 'bloody' too many times.

I'm sure this is intentionally done so, but he could swap a few bloody with a damn, or other pretty words.

And a compliment to the artist: Salomeya looks wonderful! She is a bitch, but a very pretty one.

I don't have any problem with dialogue interjections, just with the string constants for selection,battlecry etc

Somebody mentioned that before, but I am not sure f that's the mod causing that or just IWD2 proper. Try switching the options to rare or never in the character customization.

And the paladin says 'bloody' too many times.

Yep, that was mentioned before, I was going to go through Nord's files at some point to weed some out once I am out of loving Salomeya run.

I see that this was already fixed, but read it too late. Just ignore that and the email.

Actually, I was glad to get your game, now I can test if the fix works or the issue is somewhere else :)

Salomeya-PC talk:

"But you...You are smarter than I credited."

PC option: "That's better! I'm starting to get tired of the derisive glances and snorts." I think it makes more sense if you use, "I was starting", but up to you on that one.

PC option: "Very well, we will play your game, for you are made for games. I shall now pretend to be ignited to the better and bigger deeds by your brief pause, and its quick withdrawl.

You don't really need the word "the" there. It is fine just with "ignited to better and bigger" or you could use something like "ignited to perform better and bigger".

Peony-Nord talk: "Mystra forbidd." Got an extra letter d at the end of forbid.

Salomeya-PC talk: "The backwater hens..." You can either remove the "The" or you can use the word "These" instead. Also why is the PC going to need leeches for his behind? I'm not really sure what she is saying here. It does lead to some interesting images though.

She means that PC can buy some leeches to put on his ass (because she wants him to suffer). If that's the image that is conjured, then it's good; if not how can I re-write the sentence to make it sound that way? Will posterior be better than behind?

I see what you are saying with it now. I wouldn't change behind to posterior. That part was pretty clear. What is unclear is her motivation. She says that "I have a feeling you are going to need them soon." So, umm, why? Either she is psychic or she intends to do something to him that would require him to put leeches there.

I'm not really sure it needs a rewrite though. I'll have to think for a bit if you want an alternative.

What trinket they talk about when i try my luck with the 'archery contest' at the Palisade?

I play with the standard 'nords company'.

Nord talks about getting the trinket for Salomeya, but then he refuses any reward!

No wonder Salomeya is so bitchy later :)

She was promised a trinket!

If i try to talk to the guys with another person, i get a longbow.

I don't think Salomeya would want to wear it, she seems to be a crossbow woman.

In the same dialog:

Careful,pall. She's not the sort to be called a tart. Now to the barrel.

looking at p#rizdb.dlg i found this thing i cannot explain:

Why do you keep throwing them at me? And missing?

- (no condition)

- inparty(jaemal) !dead(jaemal) (branch out to jaemal's dialog)

- inparty(jaemal) !dead(jaemal) (branch out to peony's dialog)

- inparty(jaemal) !dead(jaemal) (branch out to jaemal's dialog) (a second time)

I'm sure this is some serious copy&paste bug :)

in salomeya's dialog, somewhere near the end:

After we emerged emerged from the smoking ruin undamaged,

I think I need to update the interjections, to make sure that the ones that require player one are singled out. Yep, Salomea wants the longbow, it's irrelevant if she can use it, she just wants the PC to get it for her. But yeah, she should not talk to Nord about it. :)

I'm sure this is some serious copy&paste bug

This one is actually fine. Peony's and Rizdaer's presence in the party is assertained by the script that trigger the exchange. The small add-on where Jaemal talks to Peony only happens if Jaemal is in the party. If he is not, the lines are skipped over, and the convo continues w/o him.

There are more script slots in iwd2 than in BG2.

When i wrote character script, i didn't mean a script slot named 'character script', but any script slot of Domi's NPCs.

Surely they got some :)

They already got an override script (though curiously nord has no override script).

Maybe because he is forced to be the protagonist?

Archived