V4 installation question

Guest John

Guest John

I just finished looking at the readme and saw that a number of items have been moved or dropped within different components of Fixpack V4.

I currently have V3 installed including the Beta section but did not install everything available in V3. Given the fixes you've made, which would be the less troublesome path to install V4:

1. use the re-install feature, or,

2. install V4 on a clean install of SoA/ToB with official patch?

FWIW, I already have a clean backup of the patched SoA/ToB .exe file and corresponding .dlg and chitin files for use if you recommend #2.

TIA,

John

I'm going to jump in here and vote for a clean install, please - that way if you do actually run into anything, you can report it and not have Fixpack teammembers going back to figure out what the problem is clouded with potential installation issus of any kind ;)

Guest John
I'm going to jump in here and vote for a clean install, please - that way if you do actually run into anything, you can report it and not have Fixpack teammembers going back to figure out what the problem is clouded with potential installation issus of any kind ;)

No problem. I was leaning that way because it looked like a re-install could get pretty messy given that components had been shifted from one grouping to another or dropped due to redundancy, etc. ;)

John

Archived