Yoshimo and Renal

Guest russoc4

Guest russoc4

I did not have yoshimo in my party for a while: I had him waiting in the CC until later. Without him, I did all of the quests Renal Bloodscalp asks for, until he tells you he has no more need of you. At some point, I then had Yoshimo rejoin me. The first time we went to the docks with him, he said he had to see Renal, and it added to the journal, but when I went to talk to Renal, he did not recognize Yoshimo. Any thoughts?

It could just be that the game designers figured that you'd have Yoshimo with you when you first entered the docks, or if you didn't want him, then you'd leave him behind forever. There may simply be no conditions in the dialogue to match your conditions.

Whether or not this will cause any problems further down the line, I don't know.

It won't cause problems, that much is certain. Yoshimo might comment again that you really should go see Renal, but it's safe to ignore that. When I don't do the thief stronghold, I never bother to see Renal at all, and Yoshimo always asks to see Renal, then asks again later, and says something along the lines of "Oh, well, I hope it will all be OK," and that's the last of it.

Is the fact that Renal only recognizes Yoshimo if Mae Var is still alive might be buglike.

But this is a slippery slope, and, yes, I'd prefer that Fixpack didn't make such decisions(though who added these replies to Aran Linvail's dialogue, Fixpack or Quest Pack? I should really go look some time), so I'd rather leave it as it is.

As I recall Quest Pack adds some responses to Aran's original dialogue in a place where the old options were inexplicably all too dumb for words. I don't know if that's what you're thinking of.

I agree that this is kind of a slippery slope--the most notable incarnation of this problem is adding an NPC half way through a quest and trying to explain away why they are able to interject as if they've understood it from the very start. However, I think Yoshimo telling you to go to see Renal when you don't have to is misleading enough to need fixing, since rather than just a dialogue inconsitency, it's actively sending the player on a total wild goose chase.

However, I think Yoshimo telling you to go to see Renal when you don't have to is misleading enough to need fixing, since rather than just a dialogue inconsitency, it's actively sending the player on a total wild goose chase.

Ah, yes, I can see that now. So the reminder talk wouldn't trigger if the quest has already started(RenalJob>0, as I recall). Good enough for me.

.d:

// prevent Yoshimo telling you to see Renal when you already have
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER YOSHJ 129 ~Global("TalkedToRenal","GLOBAL",0)~

and fix script:

// prevent Yoshimo telling you to see Renal when you already have
COPY_EXISTING ~yoshimo.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("YoshimoMentionsRenal","LOCALS",0)~ ~Global("YoshimoMentionsRenal","LOCALS",0) Global("TalkedToRenal","GLOBAL",0)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Archived