Starting Amber's romance

kiwidoc

I want to be sure that the Amber Romance is actually going to start with my PC Elyriel. He is an elf with both Int and Ch at 12. I'm in the process of hunting for her missing belonging (don't want to type details as they are spoliers), but she doesn't seem to be talking to me. When Elyriel talks to her and ask her how she is feeling I get no feedback on her attitude to Elyriel.

I've checked the global variables, and the Amber Romance one says 3. I've got both Viconia and Jaheira in the party as well, and both of them have romance variables set as 1 ... and I seem to remember a 3 is inactive. Do I need to reset amber's variable to 1, or should I just carry on and wait for it to change?

If Amber's RomanceActive variable is set to 3 it means that the romance is indeed inactive (=terminated). Have your characters' stats increased after you installed Amber (regardless if she was already in the party or not)? Or has either Viconia's or Jaheira's RomanceActive been set 2 after you installed Amber?

Unfortunately, I can't recommend that you temper with the RomanceActive variable manually. It could lead to unexpected results, as you are already on the friendship track.

When Elyriel talks to her and ask her how she is feeling I get no feedback on her attitude to Elyriel.

What exactly happens? Does the conversation terminate unexpectedly or does Amber still say something?

If Amber's RomanceActive variable is set to 3 it means that the romance is indeed inactive (=terminated). Have your characters' stats increased after you installed Amber (regardless if she was already in the party or not)? Or has either Viconia's or Jaheira's RomanceActive been set 2 after you installed Amber?

Unfortunately, I can't recommend that you temper with the RomanceActive variable manually. It could lead to unexpected results, as you are already on the friendship track.

When Elyriel talks to her and ask her how she is feeling I get no feedback on her attitude to Elyriel.

What exactly happens? Does the conversation terminate unexpectedly or does Amber still say something?

Actually there where several things a bit dodgy about this game ... so I restarted it altogether. I have vague memories of using Shadowkeeper to move stats around after I pressed the wrong buttons when starting :) so I think that was the problem.

Archived