Dynaheir Romance

Guest Mickey

Guest Mickey

I downloaded the BG1NPC Project mod at the recommendation of a friend and I have enjoyed it immensely. However I have a question.

First, I have been doing the Dynaheir romance. In my party is Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, and Edwin. According to the romance walkthrough I have gotten to LT17, but it stops after that. I've been playing for a while and nothing was happening so I opened up shadowkeeper and the LT is at 34 and the timer is at some really high number and it doesn't go down. I tried resetting the LT to 17 but the romance does not seem to want to go to LT 18. I hear the music go off indicitating it's time for the next lovetalk, but nothing happens. How do I fix this?

Guest Guest
The next lovetalk after 34 happens at rest, outdoors.

BG1NPC/Documents has a Romance Guide inside.

I have been using the guide. I am guessing the LT numbers listed in the guide aren't the same as what it says in shadow keeper.

They are x2, due to the way the sequential talks are scripted. (So your LT17 = Global Value of 34). So, when you try to re-set it to 18, you actually going back to LT9, which you've already seen.

If you hear the music, but there is no text, it sounds buggy, so you might want to give one of the guys here your saved game to see what's up.

... yes, but doing something like

I tried resetting the LT to 17 but the romance does not seem to want to go to LT 18. I hear the music go off indicitating it's time for the next lovetalk, but nothing happens.

- is a very, very bad idea, and we won't be able to help you if you do this.

Guest Mickey
... yes, but doing something like

I tried resetting the LT to 17 but the romance does not seem to want to go to LT 18. I hear the music go off indicitating it's time for the next lovetalk, but nothing happens.

- is a very, very bad idea, and we won't be able to help you if you do this.

Like Domi said, I did make a separate copy before fudging around with shadowkeeper.

I haven't been able to get online for a a while to check this thread, so I did an experiment and made another duplicate of my original game from when I notised the lack of a conversation and I figured out what the problem was.

Right after I had LT 17, I headed off to do the Firewine Ruins and then jumped right over to Durlag's Tower. That ticked a lot of game time which dwindled down the lovetalktimer to 0. So, even though I tried resting at various inns and in the woods (it was always in the daytime) LT 18 didn't occur, because I needed to rest outside at night. When I checked with shadowkeeper, it had a variable of 34 for the lovetalk. Since I didn't know about the whole x2 thing, I thought something had gone screwy.

I ended up resetting the romance and went through all the dialogues once more. The romance is back to working again, so thanks for the help from everyone who offered advice.

Oh, and I'm a He :cry:

Archived