Installing with Baldurdash?

Guest Pete Foley

Guest Pete Foley

Hello all,

So, I just started playing this game a few days ago at the recommendation of a friend. He also recommended that I install the Baldurdash patch and text update, telling me that when he played the game a few years ago he found them quite worth it. Anyway I just found out about your patch, which I see includes the Baldurdash stuff I already have installed as well as other things I could probably use. However I'm not much of a programming type and I don't really understand what I can do to install your patch with the Baldurdash things already present. I'd really prefer not to reinstall the game because I'm already at Chapter 3 and I don't want to start all over. If it's worth anything, I did back-up the "override" folder by copying and .zipping it somewhere else in my computer before I installed the Baldurdash stuff, as it recommended.

Thanks,

Pete

You could restore those files from backup (effectively uninstalling Baldurdash) and install Fixpack but if I were you I'd just keep going. Using save games on a different mod load-out than what you started always carries a bit of a risk--I honestly don't think there'd be any issues, but I also wouldn't risk the game if I had gotten that far.

Archived