[IMPORTANT] Consent for publishing mods on Infinity Games new release

yarpen

Kuylok, yup, polish is quite understandable for Russian :)

In Russia for a long time there was a trouble with pirates - but now I think 1C won this battle, hm?

And I repeat - tomorrow there gonna be deadline. 10 July. But game gonna be published at 26th. :)

Hm... then I must take some mods instead of these. (Chloe couldn't be there - you know.. it can't be on official publishment ;PP ). But Ascension gave me permission for Indira BGT..

Only because Ghreyfain offered no support for Indira BGT, but did give permission for me to convert, and thus, that particular form of the mod supposedly falls under my name. But then again, its Ghrey's IP. Oh, this is way too confusing...

Anyway, I know the deadline for consent is tomorrow, but what is the deadline if I need to update a mod to be included in that package?

I'm very sorry Yarpen, but I am going to have to deny permission for the inclusion of Ascension. It's not listed here at your G3 post, but IS at SHS. Several reasons:

-Unless Dave personally comes here and gives the go ahead, it's NO.

-Just because Wes made a WeiDU version doesnt give him the right to give permission, so don't bother asking him.

-Since it contains my own intellectual property, I say NO

-The mod is readily available to anyone that wants it, there is no reason to include it in a CD package.

-It was created to be free-ware for everyone and putting it on a disc for sale sours my stomach.

If everyone else who worked on Ascension contacts me and gives their permission, I will change my mind and will let you know asap. That means Spork, Xyx, KR, GB and Quitch. Highly doubtful though. The only other person who still frequents the boards is Quitch, and I believe he would agree with me. Other than that, while I am still around the boards I consider myself to be the custodian of that project and all of its versions.

I will post this in both threads so there isnt any confusion or doubt.

Cuv

Hm.. I tought it was on earlier BG Saga edition.

But as you say. But it's very sad for me. Idea of providing mods with BG Saga is to make them good promotion (especially for young players who will buy this new edition). Because not too many people from my country came here or know about modding communities. And still some people don't know english to know what is where ;P

But as you wish. I still have got hope that you will change your opinion... :) But I must respect that.

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps a workaround might include a directory, in Polish, of where mods can be downloaded, as well as directions on how to do so, also in Polish. Or possibly create a Polish mirror site offering your numerous translations, since I know these aren't the only mods you've translated.

You haven't said you'd include anything I've worked on, but I would still be more comfortable with the idea of mods as a free download, rather than bundled with the game. After all, if the version changes, someone with a mod on CD might feel like you sold him something that was already out of date.

By the way, I notice you included Tutu v4 in there. There's another modder who isn't around all that much.

I am surprised why nobody mentioned that you could actually include links to modding communities, too - say, on the cover of your CD. This way, Polish players will be aware of many more mods that there're on your list. :)

Archived