[IMPORTANT] Consent for publishing mods on Infinity Games new release

yarpen

Berelinde and Kuylok:

These mods on DVD are only advertisment for modding communities. Of course there would be links :) I wanted to put MC logo's on gamebox, but it was too late (I was fixing it at morning). But on DVD - of course. There would be a menu where you can install these mods which would be available on DVD and of course check WR (site with translations) or all modding communities.

Jastey

OK! I know that Zed did that :) I'm maker of site with all polish translations collected :) Thanks for your support.

Hm.. I tought it was on earlier BG Saga edition.

But as you say. But it's very sad for me. Idea of providing mods with BG Saga is to make them good promotion (especially for young players who will buy this new edition). Because not too many people from my country came here or know about modding communities. And still some people don't know english to know what is where ;P

But as you wish. I still have got hope that you will change your opinion... :) But I must respect that.

Thank you for understanding Yarpen :)

I don't think it is a bad idea exactly, it just feels wrong. I know that DaveG would probably not like it, and that is the main reason. I will make no judgements about the EULA, you seem to have some kind of permission to repackage the game judging by the ad. I will certainly let you know if any of the other authors contact me after reading these posts and want it included.

Cuv

I am surprised why nobody mentioned that you could actually include links to modding communities, too - say, on the cover of your CD. This way, Polish players will be aware of many more mods that there're on your list. :)

That is my thouht exactly :)

And as soon as that DVD will have a PRICE (even 1 cent - doesn't matter) it's a business subject since that moment with a whole corresponding matter (and possible consequencies :p).

I have a strong feeling that the modding community should stay distant from that and remain 100% altruistic ;) .

A nice list of links with detailed descriptions would be more than enough IMHO. :)

There were reports of CTD with BGT for version 1.7. I was hoping to have spread that information (and yes, I could have put up 1.8 sooner, or take 1.7 off again, but.)

But please, please please take version 1.6, NOT the current version 1.7.

Why not version 1.7?

These mods available on DVD are only addition. It gonna be published with them or without them. But I think some most important and difficult do download for polish modem player it would be very good. I couldn't download TDD or TS because of their size (now I have got radio net connection which is better).

I can say only one thing. Please. It's important for me as a modder, translator and a part of modding community. These mods still gonna be available in net! No one will take them from you. They're yours - not CDP.

There were reports of CTD with BGT for version 1.7. I was hoping to have spread that information (and yes, I could have put up 1.8 sooner, or take 1.7 off again, but.)

Awright :)

Due to the fact that in Poland mod NTotSC is really popular, I would suggest the 1.6 version (a bit modified by Zed Nocear, compatible with NTotSC) - you can download it here:

http://hrothgar.webd.pl/wieza/download/bg1...ey_v1_6a_pl.exe

Ech... it's very hard and sad for me. I agreed for working with CDP on that because I was thinking that gonna do a lot of good thing for Infinity scene - in Poland and rest of world. Many people were working hard for translations (especially TDD and TS) and now some people are angry - why effect of their work and work of modders can't be available for everyone.

Also I was thinking that I'm doing a good thing. No one loose anything - there's only gain. New players (I know, from Poland.. but always they're fans of BG). And some of these negative reactions are still strange for me. I know, it's non-profit. But Infinity scene was always non profit. I understand toughts about law troubles - but there's nothing to fear. I don't want to say "it's bad from your side" because it's still your hard work. And you can do with that everything what you want.

Again I said. I was only trying to do something good. As I can see, maybe it wasn't. Maybe I wanted to sell Infinity scene :) But I love it as much as you. As I said - it's sad for me. :)

And as soon as that DVD will have a PRICE (even 1 cent - doesn't matter) it's a business subject since that moment with a whole corresponding matter (and possible consequencies :)).

I have a strong feeling that the modding community should stay distant from that and remain 100% altruistic :) .

I fully agree with KD here. IMO, it's entirely possible that either Bioware or Atari could send a "cease and desist" order to the mod creator upon learning that his/her mod is being distributed in such a fashion.

That's one of the reasons why most mods come with some sort of a disclaimer/terms of use which explicitly prohibit any form of commercial (re)distribution.

I repeat. There weren't any troubles when Weimer published his mods on earlier BG Saga (at 2004) edition. And I can't see this altruism. CDP can't pay to anyone any normal paid for that (5pln's are 1 euro..). You're only restricting a way to have got your mod (your conversion to WeiDU.).

We tested that with Morrowind. There were 200+ mods for TES:3. And now MANY people in Poland knows sth about Morrowind modding scene :) Believe me - it's best option to make your mods more available and famous.

aVENGER - btw. your aPack wasn't at list because of lack of translation for newest version. :)

Believe me - it's best option to make your mods more available and famous.

I'll have to politely disagree with you here. While I know that many people still have limited internet access (i.e. dial-up) most BG2 mods nowdays, save for total conversions, are not very large MB-wise.

aVENGER - btw. your aPack wasn't at list because of lack of translation for newest version. :)

If you are interested in translating Rogue Rebalancing into Polish (or any other language) simply post here and I'll happily include the translation in the next mod revision.

However, as already stated earlier, I'd never allow any of my mods to be commercially distributed.

Guest Mario/ CD Projekt Poland

I am surprised why nobody mentioned that you could actually include links to modding communities, too - say, on the cover of your CD. This way, Polish players will be aware of many more mods that there're on your list. :)

That is my thouht exactly :)

And as soon as that DVD will have a PRICE (even 1 cent - doesn't matter) it's a business subject since that moment with a whole corresponding matter (and possible consequencies :p).

I have a strong feeling that the modding community should stay distant from that and remain 100% altruistic ;) .

A nice list of links with detailed descriptions would be more than enough IMHO. :)

Hi King Diamond,

I represent the company which have rights to BG and IWD in PL. The idea is not to sell the product through additional mods and make money on additional stuff, but sell the legendary game. Additionaly we would like to add chosen stuff as a bonus on DVD with game. There is no info anywhere that you can find here for example The Darkest Day mod and therefore you should buy it. We gathered there most interesting stuff, which can also be found freele on the net. If you wont agree, it is your right, we will put only link and info throughout few other we werent able to put on the game DVD.

Thanks,

Mariusz

CD Projekt Poland

Guest ThugPoet

Hullo

i'm ThugPoet, the co-ordinator and suppervisor of first Polish translation TDD.

In my humble opinion the initiative connected with publishing mods via official channels like CD project in Poland is a great occassion to promote and develope BG modding scene.

Regards

Hullo

i'm ThugPoet, the co-ordinator and suppervisor of first Polish translation TDD.

In my humble opinion the initiative connected with publishing mods via official channels like CD project in Poland is a great occassion to promote and develope BG modding scene.

Regards

I totally approve of ThugPoet's statement :-)

Archived