[IMPORTANT] Consent for publishing mods on Infinity Games new release

yarpen

Kulyok,

what do you mean with "not using TUTU"?

If you mean as player, I would have to think that although you might consider sheer madness, there are actually one or two people in the world that prefer BGT over TuTu. :)

If you instead meant for including in the package they're going to publish then I'd say it was not so clear at all... :)

Cuv, still "no"? :) I must be hard and always try.. - then sorry for that.

No... don't be sorry. I actually appreciate that you are asking the community. I wasnt asked on other occasions:)

Like I said, I have no objections if David Gaider gives his permission. I did not want to write him about this, but I can if you like (and he 'might' even answer me). I am hesitant because it might open up a whole can of worms that none of us could digest as he is still with Bioware and the lead developer of Dragon Age. It might be better to make sure everyone is okay with me writing him about this??

To be more plain: I don't want to draw Bioware's attention to this if it risks the entire modding community. I wouldnt want us to all get hit with a cease and desist/enough is enough. I always felt that they really like the modding community... but you can never be too sure just how far that will stretch even if you have a license agreement with Atari. I just don't know and I am a little worried about bringing it up. They have left us alone and I like it that way.

Cuv

The 'Dingo strikes! LOL, your sarcasm knows no bounds. I have edited out that portion... but YOU know what I meant (I think).

Did my post silence everyone but the Dingo? Sorry, wasnt my intention. Carry on.

yarpen,

I think what you are doing is very good!!! It should be helpfull for everyone! I hope some of the new players want to mod and their mods will be translated into English (for the rest of us).

Heh :) .

I got info about the existence of TeamBG from TDD distributed in polish magazine CDA :) .

Guest ThugPoet

@KingDiamond

As for making TDD accessible...

Me and the rest of our Polish BG community spent many months to translate this fantastic mod, not only for fun, but also for the higher purposes. Do you know what, so many kids in Poland, avid to play TDD in Polish, were searching for mother-tongue translation on the web to find themselves, finally, emty-handed...

That was a signal for us to start this labourious work, free of charge. Now I'm conscious that web has its limitations and the alternative way to disseminate the idea of cultic game mods is release on CD...Now the only chance is opening up for us..However, it requires your agreement cause you boss the show.

You King, as the creator of long-lasting and arduous work, should realize that such an effort like yours or ours, needs "bringing into light." You musn't hide it, quite the contrary, you must display it proudly for the next generations to be entranced with. We take the position that Cd release is the best TDD success carrier which can preserve those mods like TDD from extinction on the web vacuum.

Now our team is translating other big BG mods and I'm afraid your refusal may clip our wings ... King, our people are losing heart, losing hope.. C'mon, please throw away your personal ambitions and agree to this release for Polish BG fan's good.

Best Regards

To clear all misunderstandings here is that I've already told to yarpen:

Hi!

A problem is that I'm NOT an author of TDD (as well as of the rest of so-called BP-family mods). I just made some improvements of its WeiDU form that initially been composed by Horred on a base of original non-WeiDU mod.

As soon as TDD doesn't contain any of my personal contents I just can't give or not give you any permits to use it, so do as you think to be right.

KD

So, I'm not a guy to be asked for any PERMISSION, sorry.... :)

Archived