Stormlord of Talos in BG1 Tutu

Lemernis

One of my party members is a custom character, a Berserker who at level 7 I dualed to Cleric, and then via Shadowkeeper I then changed the kit flag from Berserker to Stormlord of Talos. He's a Stormlord level 5 now, and so far he hasn't received any of his special abilities, which are Lightning Bolt and Stormshield. Ay what point should he start gaining his special abilities in Tutu?

I have Divine Remix installed, however that may modify the Stormlord kit.

Here's the readme:

STORMLORD OF TALOS: Talos is the destructive force of nature. He is the god of storms, forest fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and general destruction. He makes his home in the aptly named plane of Pandemonium. He attracts the destroyer, the raider, the looter, and the brigand among his followers. Talos' symbol is three lightning bolts, each a separate color, radiating from a central point.

Talos the Destroyer is the dark side of nature, the uncaring and destructive force that lays waiting to strike at any time. Talos is more feared than worshipped, which seems to account for his great popularity as much as anything. The church of Talos exults in the wild destruction of nature at its fiercest, trusting to its own luck and the favor (or ill-favor) of the god to protect it. Church members tend to be fatalistic in nature as a result--almost self-destructive. However, clerics of Talos wish to take as many others with them as possible.

Stormlords of Talos can only be of Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral, and Neutral Evil alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Half-Spear - 'Fury of Talos' once per day

The Half-Spear is the spiritual weapon of Stormlords of Talos, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Half-Spear is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds and can be used once per day.

- Innate electrical resistance of 1% per level

- Destructive Blow once per day

Once per day, a Stormlord can focus the destructive wrath of Talos in combat. This spell grants the Stormlord +2 to damage and +2 to hit for one round per level, up to 20 rounds.

- From level 7 can cast Storm Shield once per day

This spell lasts 1 round per level of the caster. It protects the caster from lightning, fire, cold and normal missiles

- From level 9 can cast Cloudkill once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Chain Lightning once per day, as sixth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Earthquake once per day, as seventh level cleric spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, animal, astral, chaos, combat, elemental, healing, necromantic, summoning, war, weather

- Minor access to the spheres of creation, divination, protection, time

- No access to the spheres of charm, guardian, law, numbers, plant, sun, thought, travelers, wards

At level 5 he should have these, and he does not:

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Half-Spear - 'Fury of Talos' once per day

The Half-Spear is the spiritual weapon of Stormlords of Talos, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Half-Spear is a regular weapon at levels 1-5...

- Destructive Blow once per day

Once per day, a Stormlord can focus the destructive wrath of Talos in combat. This spell grants the Stormlord +2 to damage and +2 to hit for one round per level, up to 20 rounds.

So something evidently did not work when I switched the kit flag. Any direction re: how to remedy this with Shadowkeeper will be greatly appreciated!

Okay, looking in SK I realized I never added the kit's innate abilities, so I just did so for levels 1-5. He does now have one Destructive Blow and one Fury of Talos. Is that the correct number of special abilities that he should have at Stormlord level 5?

Also, I noticed that a vanilla Bioware Cleric of Talos gets Lightning bolt. Was it deemed to be overpowered to leave that in with the custom Stormlord kit?

He got a Lightning Bolt special ability on the next level-up (L7), glad to see that wasn't eliminated from the kit. Though with my assigning the new kit flag from Berserker to Stormlord of Talos could potentially be messing with DR's version? I sort of doubt that.

Anyway, assuming that DR's Stormlord of Talos kit is intended to include the Lightning special ability from the Bioware version, the readme and info page should probably be ammended to include mention that it's still in there.

I find that I'm not really using any of the special abilities much in BG1 Tutu anyway. Now that he has his Fighter skills back especially, I'm using him primarily as a meleer. I probably should make better use of those abilities. I think when I take him on into BG2 and the Fury of Talos ability becomes increasingly more powerful, I'll be using that.

Anyway, I haven't used Lightning once. I don't think it would have unbalanced the kit had it been left in, but it's no significant loss for it not to be there. Kind of a dangerous spell to use indoors for other party members.

Archived