Evil quest solution for the Slime Quest?

jastey

This thread mainly aims at people who already played the Slime quest mini mod since I am asking for ideas to extend the current mod.

Currently the slime quest is aimed at good aligned PCs. Did you miss / would you like to see an "evil" quest path, and if yes, what would be your suggestions?

Starting from the situation of a frightened but also a little naiv woman (asking a pure stranger for help) and a more or less wealthy man currently transformed into a slime there should be a lot of possibilities for an evil PC to turn things for his advantage. :)

That is definitely missing. I could imagine the woman to give the reward in advance even, the PC then has the possibility to leave without helping. Which would be a quite evil thing to do, but the quest would be unfinished until the end of BG, since it isn't designed for this case. I don't want to add any timer to it, though. Any ideas about how this could be treated? How do I distinguish the PC doesn't intend to help but betrayed the two?

Hm, there could be a timer if the reward is payed in advance, maybe.

Or, the pc could accept the reward in advance, then be able to return periodically to demand more payment. Until she gets frustrated, of course, confronts T herself, and exposes the PC as a fraud. Never mind. Maybe that isn't such a great idea.

Not at all. There devolpped a quite similar idea on the German ideas thread, although without the blackmailing. Exposing the PC as a fraud would be funny. Because of missing local authorities in Beregost it would be the temple of Lathander and the smithy who could close their services to the PC until he makes up for it again. :)

The simplest way of doing it is:

(Sincerely) Give me the advance, lady, to purchase the Desliminator spell from Thalantyr, and your troubles will be over before you know it! --> Good Guy

(Lie) Oh, sure, killing slimes is my hobby! For a few gold pieces I'll set it all aright, yes, ma'am! --> Bad Boy (this option can branch depending on PC's charisma, ie he can trick the lady if he is a suave bastrad, and she sees through him, if he is a half-ogre with a big club.

You can get a bit more devious than that, can't you? :)

Have the guy in the Red Sheaf Inn (who sold the stuff to the poor slimed guy) have a real reason as to why he gave the guy the potion in the first place. Perhaps, he'd be willing to pay the PC off and leave the poor sod in his slimey predicament.

There should be some kind of timer on the slime guy where he will eventually return to normal once the potion's power wears off. The guy who sold it to him said as much (at least he did when I talked to him), but that was for normal doses of the potion. Perhaps too strong of a dose negates that...

Side thought: Make the slime changing potion available to the PC, perhaps the PC could use it on him/herself to develop a form of lycanthropy but as a slime instead of a wolf.... :)

Better yet, the PC could go a step further than just letting the poor sod stay as a slime and get the guy in the Red Sheaf Inn to give him some more of the potion (NOT THE ANTIDOTE) and trick the woman to drink it and join her husband in ever after slimeyness. They could then be killed and looted or left alone for someone else to deal with later....

Better yet, the PC could go a step further than just letting the poor sod stay as a slime and get the guy in the Red Sheaf Inn to give him some more of the potion (NOT THE ANTIDOTE) and trick the woman to drink it and join her husband in ever after slimeyness. They could then be killed and looted or left alone for someone else to deal with later....
That thought exactly crossed my mind, too. But I did not succeed in finding a good reason / argument as to why she would/should drink it.

I'd rather not change the backstory, I'm afraid. So, no specific reason why he sold the potion other than he wanted to earn money. Making potions available from him to the player would be a logical mod extention I spared myself the work up to now. :)

Other ideas: Garnish the antidote (if overdosed :) ) with a positive effect, STR +2 or something. So the PC can use it himself instead of giving it to the transformed guy. Even: Make it infinite duration and the PC would be really tempted, wouldn't he? Especially if it was the last one. :)

Giving the potion a finite duration is a good idea, although I'd only use it if it can be clearly seen from the PC's action that he doesn't intend in helping (i.e., there won't be a timer on the normal quest, as I hate timered quests.)

Domi: Are those meant as general examples of reply options for good vs. evil PCs? (I can't really put it in context to the slime quest, that's why I ask).

Archived