A different kind of "monster" for E3.5

berelinde

cmorgan was looking for creature stats for his Play-by-Post campaign, so I tried to help him out. I don't know if it was exactly what he was looking for, though. :)

(He insisted I post the results, so I hope it doesn't offend anyone.)

Gibberling

Medium-Size Humanoid (Gibberling)

Hit Dice: 1d8 + 2 (6 hp)

Initiative: (+1)

Speed: base 30 ft.

AC:10

Attacks: bite 1d2

Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.

Special Qualities: wit, humor

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 13

Skills: Listen +2, Spot +2, Search +4, Disable Device +2

Feats: varies by individual

----------------------------------

Cimate/Terrain: any

Organization: solitary, pair, gang (2-5), band (6-16 plus 1 leader of 40th level), adults only

Challenge Rating: 3+

Treasure: standard

Alignment: Usually chaotic friendly

Advancement: not applicable

Gibberlings appear to be normal humans that congregate in an electronic environment.

A gibberling stands between 5 and 6.5 feet tall. While it is never polite to ask an exact weight, the minimum is presumed to be around a hundred pounds. Coloring varies, but it is consistent with the human stock from with they are derived. Gibberlings are so like ordinary humans that they are often mistaken for such, but their ready wit, egalitarian attitude, and highly developed sense of humor set them apart (Search DC 20).

Gibberlings are loosely organized, but universally respect the authority of their shamans and the ultimate Gibberling Poobah, a mage of immense power.

Gibberlings are mostly omnivorous, although individuals may adopt diets more in keeping with personal values or belief systems. They are most active during the day or evening, in their respective time zones. They pursue a wide range of leisure activities, but congregate to pursue a mysterious passtime best known by its initials, CRPG.

These creatures are generally peace-loving and shun political machinations that would lead to conflict, but when threatened, they respond using their favored method of attack, rational arguments and a generous sense of humor. While their bite does little damage, gibberlings are capable of of swarming persistent opponents en masse, quickly overwhelming would-be adversaries.

=====================================

While I am certain this was not exactly the material you were looking for, I hope it provides you with some entertainment, nonetheless.

Archived