Another request, Please

Chev

Currently:

Romance Cheats (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer)

Non-Tutu

This component allows greater flexibility with the original Bioware romances. Please note that the multi-romance option may cause stuttering when used in conjunction with a third-party mod romance. The player has three options:

* No Racial Requirements for Romance: Male protagonists can have a romance with any female romanceable NPC in the party (and vice-versa), but must still say the right thing for the romance not to suddenly end.

* No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance: The protagonist can have a romance with any romanceable NPC in the party, but must still say the right thing for the romance not to suddenly end.

* No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances: In addition to the above, the protagonist can have multiple romances at the same time and the protagonist must still say the right thing.

* No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances, Nothing Kills Romances: Same as above, but now the protagonist can say whatever you want without ending any relationship.

Could you add this:

* With Gender and No Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances: In addition to the above, the protagonist can have multiple romances at the same time and the protagonist must still say the right thing.

* With Gender and No Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances, Nothing Kills Romances: Same as above, but now the protagonist can say whatever you want without ending any relationship.

Males Romancing my male PC is not the way I want to play.

* No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances, Nothing Kills Romances: Same as above, but now the protagonist can say whatever you want without ending any relationship.

Well, with this version, if I understand it right, if I say 'get lost' it wont stop the romance. If you install NPC Flirt Packs and Banter Packs and Xan (not sure if romance cheats would effect Xan) would saying 'get lost' stop the freindship dialogues? Does it only effect Bioware NPCs romances? Would it effect BG1NPC romances? I want to play the Kivan Mod and would like to bring back Deheriana.

I live in a city with a large gay population and have no problems, so long as you stay away from gay pride days (they get really weird) and gay bars. I just don't want to think about it while playing the game.

Just ask Anomen or whomever that you're not interested. Consider it a compliment. Or does it make you feel threatened? :)

I don't know about everybody else, but I've had a lot of trouble with this component.

I really couldn't care less if Anomen wants to romance my male PC. He can tell Anomen to go away just as readily as my female PC can.

The problem is that Anomen's romance never starts with this component. RA shows up as 1, but the first LT never fires.

This messes up his quest, because it is LT dependant for the romanced PC, but not for the un-romanced one. The only way I've been able to complete Anomen's quest with a male PC is to manually set AnomenRomanceActive to 3.

Althought I can kind of see your point. I've never been too thrilled with Jaheira coming on to my female PC.

Nothing in this (as far as i can tell) has any effect on BG1 NPC, Chev - the romance restriction removals seem targeted at the default Bioware romances. As far as my (limited) knowledge goes, this component *only* effects the default Bioware Romances.

I am afraid I have nothing else to report, except that I think CamDawg just stopped up the potential accidental (meaningless) install of this on a Tutu game in another thread :)

I think there's been such a request already, and I wholeheartedly support it. More flexibility here would be welcome.

That is, my dwarven male would hit on Jaheira and Aerie, but my gnomish female *won't* get any advances from Viconia. :)

And, yes, cmorgan speaks the golden truth here: Bioware romances only, BG2 only. If it shows in your TUTU game, it's an old version glitch.

IMO, mod romances, including BG1 NPC Project, should really continue to be exempted from the multi-romance tweak, if only for logistical considerations.

I'm not saying that anyone is thinking of including it at any point. Just stating a personal opinion.

A lot of modders have gone to great trouble to build their romance kills, and included some complicated code to do it. It would be a nightmare sorting it out, and you'd have to get individual permission to do so.

Also, some modders have opted to let Crossmod Banter Pack handle their romance kills. These are already multi-romance friendly: just don't install the auto-kills.

OK, the romance cheats have been reworked in v5. There are now five yes/no questions:

• Remove racial requirements for romances?
  • Remove gender requirements for romances?
  • Allow multiple romances?
  • Nothing kills romances? (requires multiple romance)
  • Start romances for new games in ToB?

...and it will install based upon your answers, giving a sum total of 24 variants (or 12 sans ToB). Start romances for new games in ToB is a new option--the old code was doing this by default if any option was installed, so now it's an explicit choice.

edit: And yes, this remains only for the Bioware romances.

Remove racial requirements for romances?

Remove gender requirements for romances?

Allow multiple romances?

Nothing kills romances? (requires multiple romance)

Start romances for new games in ToB?

I think this looks really, really cool. BG2-only, right?

And... 2^5=32, I think, since it's neither 4! nor 5!.

A lot of modders have gone to great trouble to build their romance kills, and included some complicated code to do it. It would be a nightmare sorting it out, and you'd have to get individual permission to do so.

Well, speaking of permissions, I've yet to see someone who'd ask others before including their mod romance checks. But yes, of course. Me, I'd rather people included their crossmod checks into the Crossmod Banter Pack, so this was no longer a headache.

Nothing kills romances is not an option without multi-romance.

But that sucks... I want to call Anomen a fool and get away with it. :) I thought these could be easily recoded to work separately, no?

Nothing kills romances is not an option without multi-romance.

But that sucks... I want to call Anomen a fool and get away with it. :) I thought these could be easily recoded to work separately, no?

Recoded, yes, easily, no. Currently it's just one script block for each romanceable NPC that changes the RomanceActive var to 2 if it ever slips to 3. This is also why if there's something else that changes it to 3 (usually a third party romance mod) massive stuttering ensues as they alternate the var from 2 to 3.

To separate it means instead I'd need to track down and alter every place (sans multi-romance) where RomanceActive can be moved to 3--which means a very annoying script and dialogue search-and-replace. Without Fixpack, this also means a panic-inducing flood of syntax error reports as the component crunches through every script and dialogue in the game.

Archived