Assassins no longer spawn until the protagonist is 4th level

Salk

Hello!

I am going to play with a triclass (well, I am waiting for the SCSBGT team to port this version to BGT first) so I was wondering how your script calculates the 4th level in this case.

Thanks! :)

Hello!

I am going to play with a triclass (well, I am waiting for the SCSBGT team to port this version to BGT first) so I was wondering how your script calculates the 4th level in this case.

Good question - and one I hadn't thought of. I'm 90% certain it will wait till your highest level is 4 - which wasn't the intent, needless to say.

Oh well. Elapsed time till first bug is detected: c. 8hrs... :)

Well, if that's the case I can feel safe untill I hit chapter 6 or later :) ...

Seriously, couldn't (wild guess here) your script do something like if charname lvl1+lvl2+lvl3=>4 then enable assassins spawn?

Just a thought...

Or perhaps another way round (probably more effective) would be to know if your script can actually see if PC is a multiclass. In that case it becomes even more flexible and you can set specific new values for 2-class and 3-class.

Due to 2E's "separate XP tables for different classes" approach, it might be better to use an XP check instead of a level check i.e. XPGT(Player1,9999). This check would put single-classed characters in the 4-5 level range and dual and tipple classed characters in the 3-4 level range.

IIRC, Bioware developers used this method to toughen up some areas in BG2 (see AR1401.BCS for an example).

Archived