IWD Tweaks v6

Guest grogerson

Guest grogerson

Thanks. This goes into the tp2 I presume.

I'm curious, though. Wouldn't it be easier to change the item type to that of either gems, rings or amulets? Or is that the problem to begin with?

Thanks. This goes into the tp2 I presume.

I'm curious, though. Wouldn't it be easier to change the item type to that of either gems, rings or amulets? Or is that the problem to begin with?

Rings or amulet item types would mean you could equip them on your character, so they're definitely out. Gems might work, though you could stuff them in gem bags (not really an issue, since we're talking about base IWD). Probably the most noticeable effect would be that more stores would buy the pelts--Bandoth, Snowdrift Inn, Evening Shade, Dirty Llew, Nym).

It's mainly that I'm anal retentive and hate tossing an item into a category in which it really doesn't belong. There's usually those unforeseen consequences that go along with it. :cry:

Cam's already got a fix for this, and it work. It should be in one of the posts on the first page of this thread. He also has a fix for Evaine's Journal remaining in inventory even after Larrel's supposed to take it. Thanks for both, Cam! :cry:

Evayne's Journal fix is, I don't see anything regarding Bandoth, though.

OK, I see where I've made a mistake here. Originally his triggers, in order, are:

• Forge is on
  • Completed Razorvine quest
  • Given Razorvine quest (in progress)
  • Spoken with at least once
  • Never spoken to him before

Once the forge is on, you're screwed in terms of the Razorvine quest. Whether it was in progress or never given, it can't be finished. If you've never spoken to him and turn the forge on, all the dialogue is under the assumption that you've already tangled with him. The fixes changed the order to:

• Forge is on
  • Spoken with at least once

So, if you speak to him (once or repeatedly) without getting the razorvine quest, then turn on the forge, you're screwed with this setup--the razorvine quest can only be started from the 'Never spoken to him before' and 'Spoken with at least once' dialogue trees. But, if you put the weight 'Spoken with at least once' higher then 'forge is on', you'll never see the 'forge is on' dialogue tree at all, which is why I had originally gone with this scheme.

Re-thinking this, , it looks like we'll need weight slightly differently and add one extra trigger condition:

• Spoken with at least once; add razorvine quest is not started condition
  • Forge is on

This way, his razorvine quest always takes priority (either giving or completing) before his generic dialogues.

I also see what you're talkng about in his awkward exit, down in state 26, where he turns hostile and then flees. I'll put together some code to address all of Bandoth's stuff at once.

Honestly. It's like they got to Bandoth's dialogue and just stopped caring. He's also got some advice on Kalabac's journal and the puzzle room but, because of the bad weighting and goofy variable sets, he can never offer it.

Another fun fact for the razorvine quest: acquiring Kalabac's journal will cancel it (if in progress) or prevent it (if not started). Good times!

So, let's round up our Bandoth fixes. In G3DaleTweaks/dlg/all-fixes.d, replace this:

//restructure bandoth's dialogue slightly
SET_WEIGHT ~dbandoth~ 0 #1
SET_WEIGHT ~dbandoth~ 1 #6
SET_WEIGHT ~dbandoth~ 6 #5

with this:

// fixes bandoth's random hostility
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DBANDOTH 26 ~False()~ DO 0
EXTEND_BOTTOM DBANDOTH 26
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8078 DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT
END

//restructure bandoth's dialogue 
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER DBANDOTH 1 ~Global("Bandoth_Quest","GLOBAL",0)~
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 0 #1 // never spoken
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 1 #2 // spoken once+
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 2 #3 // razorvine in progress
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 3 #5 // razorvine complete
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 4 #6 // razorvine cancelled by kalabac
SET_WEIGHT DBANDOTH 6 #4 // forge is on

// allow bandoth to help with puzzle
EXTEND_BOTTOM DBANDOTH 0
 IF ~Global("PUZZLE_STAIRS_OPEN","GLOBAL",0) PartyHasItem("Kalabac")~ THEN REPLY #19609 GOTO 23
END
EXTEND_BOTTOM DBANDOTH 4
 IF ~Global("PUZZLE_STAIRS_OPEN","GLOBAL",0) PartyHasItem("Kalabac")~ THEN REPLY #19609 GOTO 23
END

In the tp2, add this:

COPY_EXISTING ~ar6003.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~SetGlobal("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",2)~ ~SetGlobal("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Guest grogerson

Thanks for all these fixes, Cam. That makes four I'll have to check out tonight.

1. Wolf and yeti pelt stacking

2. Bandoth dialogue

3. Marketh's thieves

4. Dirty Llew and Umber Hulk hides

AFAICT these are the current fixes still needing validation. I'm at work now, so I'll let you know how it goes later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Guest grogerson
Thanks for all these fixes, Cam. That makes four I'll have to check out tonight.

1. Wolf and yeti pelt stacking

2. Bandoth dialogue

3. Marketh's thieves

4. Dirty Llew and Umber Hulk hides

AFAICT these are the current fixes still needing validation. I'm at work now, so I'll let you know how it goes later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I've checked these out with the following results:

1. Requires both the gem stacking tweak and fixes to work in basic IWD.

2. If you have the potion before talking to him, you get the quest. I don't know about any other variations yet.

3. Marketh's thieves make a surprise second wave now, instead of staying along the north wall. Yes, they arrive while taking care of the group at the palace entrance...

4. I had three umber hulk hides, but Llew traded only one. A nice "easter egg" at only one.

5. The wolf in Aspel's shop can be charmed in basic IWD, but it won't leave the shop, thus forcing you to kill it to finish the quest. In HoW and TotL, if you charm it the wolf immediately leaves via the door. I may not have been clear enough when I asked about this one, so I apologize for that. Can you change the IWD version to do the same thing?

Once again, thanks for your hard work.

Guest Baran

There is an installation problem with the german installation of IWD-Tweak-Pack v6

The names of the scripts are different, this causes an error.

the script names are "magier" instead of "mage" and "priester" instead of "cleric"

Sorry for my bad english :cry:

That's odd. Fixes doesn't change anything in either item.

2. If you have the potion before talking to him, you get the quest. I don't know about any other variations yet.

3. Marketh's thieves make a surprise second wave now, instead of staying along the north wall. Yes, they arrive while taking care of the group at the palace entrance...

Excellent.

4. I had three umber hulk hides, but Llew traded only one. A nice "easter egg" at only one.

Should be fixed, as he does mention he'll take your hides (multiple).

5. The wolf in Aspel's shop can be charmed in basic IWD, but it won't leave the shop, thus forcing you to kill it to finish the quest. In HoW and TotL, if you charm it the wolf immediately leaves via the door. I may not have been clear enough when I asked about this one, so I apologize for that. Can you change the IWD version to do the same thing?

Was this with the ehwolf.bcs patch I had posted? That should make its IWD script the same as HoW.

There is an installation problem with the german installation of IWD-Tweak-Pack v6

The names of the scripts are different, this causes an error.

the script names are "magier" instead of "mage" and "priester" instead of "cleric"

So instead of cleric1.bs its priester1.bs, and magier1.bs for mage1.bs?

Guest grogerson

That's odd. Fixes doesn't change anything in either item.

The tweak by itself does nothing, unless I placed the code in the wrong place in the .tp2. I put it in the fixes section, I'll try it in the gem stacking section.

Excellent.

This does make the combat tougher, however. An advisory might be in order.

Should be fixed, as he does mention he'll take your hides (multiple).

Considering the number of hides you can have just from getting in (twelve or more), you'd be best leave it at one.

Was this with the ehwolf.bcs patch I had posted? That should make its IWD script the same as HoW.

Yes. I added it to the IWD without How section of fixes. Should it be elsewhere?

The tweak by itself does nothing, unless I placed the code in the wrong place in the .tp2. I put it in the fixes section, I'll try it in the gem stacking section.

Yeah, it should replace the existing block, round about line 5200 or so. (With all the hacks in the thread, it's hard to be more specific with line numbers. :cry: )

Considering the number of hides you can have just from getting in (twelve or more), you'd be best leave it at one.

Meh. Like Taerom and his ankheg shells in BG, I'm sure it won't take long for powergamers to figure out to drop all of their hides save one. ;)

Yes. I added it to the IWD without How section of fixes. Should it be elsewhere?

Add it to the main fixes section. The HoW stuff only gets installed on HoW games, so it's being ignored on your base IWD game.

They're have been so many changes at this point, I think I'll put together a v7 beta 1 with all the changes in the thread so far. I think I also have a workaround for Baran and the foreign language versions' different file names.

Guest grogerson

I was thinking along the lines of BGT, not BG/TotSC. Once and only once can you get the armor. Think of the dozen umber hulks you go through to get to the camp. Free armor to sell back... That's a lot of gold. My recommendation - leave it at one, and only one freebee. You can purchase a second from Llew's store...

I've fixed the .tp2 on both fixes. I'll check them out tonight.

Archived