IWD Tweaks v6

Guest grogerson

Guest grogerson

One freebee's enough. And it's almost the 30th. Looks like most of the fixed are in and working. I think it'll be safe to release v7 then.

I've checked the pelt stacking. It works correctly without the fixes component. My mistake in .tp2 placement the first time.

I can't say the same about the Easthaven wolf, however. Though charmed it still remains in the shop. It won't (can't) follow you out and it doesn't leave on its own. I've tried it in both the general fixes and the IWD only (without HoW) section. It initially kept attacking until I clicked on it. This may be nothing but...

I can't say the same about the Easthaven wolf, however. Though charmed it still remains in the shop. It won't (can't) follow you out and it doesn't leave on its own. I've tried it in both the general fixes and the IWD only (without HoW) section. It initially kept attacking until I clicked on it. This may be nothing but...

I don't think there's anything else we can try for the wolf. With that change, his script should be identical (save one Help() call) to the HoW one. If that's not working, I'm not really sure what else we can try.

Rounding up some fun scroll errors:

• Ghoul Touch via scroll always targets the caster, paralyzing them
  • Prayer via scroll can be cast at an arbitrary point; should be caster-targeted
  • Haste, Prismatic Spray, Animate Dead, and Shades had shorter ranges when cast from scroll than from memory
  • Sunscorch scroll did not cast Sunscorch due to a typo. The scroll appears unused, but is fixed anyway.
  • Many scrolls casting at wrong power level.

In base IWD, Haste only has a casting range of 15 feet, but it should be visual range (30 feet). They fixed his in HoW, but it's been added to the Assorted Fixes component for non-HoW games.

Guest grogerson

If the wolf can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. Sorry, puppy. :cry:

Anyhow, I'll request this once more. Please restore the short sword of the hand (shsswrd) to the rndtres.2da, sh_sswd line. All changed randoms cover specific areas (DE - Dragon's Eye, LD - Lower Dorn's, TG - Temple of the Forgotten God, UD - Upper Dorn's, WT - Wyrm's Tooth). Each and every random drop in these areas was changed. This is the only exception. My original belief still stands that they knew it was a bad code, but not how, and so removed it with HoW.

On to spell school goodies. They changed the opposition schools from IWD to HoW, so the changes are, for the most part, completely separate.

Changes for both games:

• Stoneskin description said evocation, but file parameters and opposition schools said alteration--descript updated
  • Summon Shadow is a conjuration but could be used by diviners
  • Death Fog, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere, Incendiary Cloud, and Malavon's Corrosive Fog are alterations but usable by abjurers
  • Tenser's Transformation is a conjuration, but was usable by enchanters
  • Mordenkainen's Sword is an evocation, but its primary school was set as enchantment in its file

Spell school fixes for base IWD (non-HoW):

• Identify, Infravision, Detect Evil, and Detect Invisibility are all divinations but were not restricted from conjurers
  • Flame Arrow is a conjuration, but was using the invocation casting animation and was restricted from invokers
  • Shadow Monsters is an illusion but was usable by necromancers
  • Lich Touch is necromancy and was being restricted from transmuters
  • Powerword Silence is an invocation per its file, but description claims conjuration/summoning; descript updated (see note below)
  • Stone to Flesh and Flesh to Stone are alterations, per their files, but descript claims evocations; descript updated (HoW fixes this)

Spell school fixes for HoW games:

• Summon Shadow is a conjuration but could be used by diviners and invokers; diviner flag already addressed in the general fixes so just add the invoker flag for HoW
  • Tenser's Transformation is a conjuration, but was usable by enchanters and conjurers; enchanter flag already addressed in the general fixes so just add the conjurer flag for HoW
  • PW Silence has an incorrect primary school

PW Silence is a fun one--in base IWD, it's an invocation per its file (primary school, casting animation, opposition schools) but the description says conjuration/summoning. In HoW, they decided to make it a conjuration, except they forgot to change the primary school from invocation to conjuration. Good times.

All those poor blind and unconscious gnomes in Lower Dorn's Deep are supposed to go away after Malavon is dead, but a bad variable check prevents this:

COPY_EXISTING ~lddgnom3.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~lddgnom4.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("MALVON_DEAD","GLOBAL",0)~ ~Global("MALAVON_DEAD","GLOBAL",0)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

If the wolf can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. Sorry, puppy. :cry:

Scratch that, wuff is fixed. Seems like IWD may ignore AI scripts for charmed creatures--the area script now checks the wolf and sends him out if charmed, and it works a snap.

Anyhow, I'll request this once more. Please restore the short sword of the hand (shsswrd) to the rndtres.2da, sh_sswd line. All changed randoms cover specific areas (DE - Dragon's Eye, LD - Lower Dorn's, TG - Temple of the Forgotten God, UD - Upper Dorn's, WT - Wyrm's Tooth). Each and every random drop in these areas was changed. This is the only exception. My original belief still stands that they knew it was a bad code, but not how, and so removed it with HoW.

Awright, already. Sheesh. ;)

Guest Guest
Awright, already. Sheesh. :D

:D

If the wolf can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. Sorry, puppy. ;)

Scratch that, wuff is fixed. Seems like IWD may ignore AI scripts for charmed creatures--the area script now checks the wolf and sends him out if charmed, and it works a snap.

Could I get you to share the code? :cry:

Could I get you to share the code? :cry:

Sure. Dump the attached file in G3DaleTweaks/baf. Add this to your tp2 in the no-HoW or all fixes section (it's redundant for HoW, but shouldn't actually do anything detrimental):

// get aspel's wuff to leave peaceably if charmed, just like HoW games
 EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar1010.bcs~ ~G3DaleTweaks/baf/ar1010.baf~

You can dump the above ehwolf.bcs patch as it's redundant with this.

ar1010.rar

Guest Guest

Hello, I don't know if this is where to post bugs, but if you wanna fix something for the next release, with the current tweaks the spell Glyph of Warding crashes the game when the spell animation finishes. I beleive there's a missing fiel for either sound of animation, and you changed that recently, didn't you ?

And I'm almost positive tat the Wand of Sleep does nothing, hehe.

Keep up the great work !

Guest Guest
And I'm almost positive tat the Wand of Sleep does nothing, hehe.

Keep up the great work !

Same poster here, I would like to retract that comment, the Wand of Sleep does work. Sorry !

Guest Thalandor

Bug: With Assorted Fixes installed you can't get from Dragon's Eye 3rd to 4th floor. Upon loading the 4th floor (right after killing Pressio), I get this error:

Assertion Failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line 11381

Uninstalling the Assorted fixes makes it work. There's something that was changed in the teak pack on Dragon's Eye 4th floor that causes an execption and crashes on load...

Guest Guest
Could you try commenting out this block from assorted fixes and seeing if this fixes it?

// known spells have wrong level, type set
COPY_EXISTING ~albion.cre~   ~override~
		  ~eldathyf.cre~ ~override~
		  ~eldathyn.cre~ ~override~
		  ~higharch.cre~ ~override~
		  ~ms6yuan.cre~  ~override~
		  ~msmyuan.cre~  ~override~
		  ~rdeyuane.cre~ ~override~
		  ~sevsoul.cre~  ~override~
		  ~shadsoul.cre~ ~override~
		  ~shatsoul.cre~ ~override~
		  ~yuaewax.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewbl.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewbo.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewsw.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwax.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwbi.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwsw.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaxdin.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yubldin.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuchamp.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuswdin.cre~  ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x308 "known_off"
 READ_LONG  0x30c "known_num"
 FOR (index = 0; index < known_num; index = index + 1) BEGIN
READ_ASCII ("%known_off%" +		("%index%" * 0x0c)) "resref"
PATCH_IF ("%resref%" STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP "spin99[789]" = 0) BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 9 // level
  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 2 // innate
END 
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

AFAICT it's the only change added since the beta that might affect ar4004.

Got another crash to report. Entering AR 9400 in Burial Isle (HoW area) treats me with the same black screen crash as before. Again, uninstalling assorted fixes solved the issue.

Same screwup, HoW-style. Remove

// known spells have wrong level set
 COPY_EXISTING ~mebding.cre~  ~override~
			~wvirgin.cre~  ~override~
			~wvirginn.cre~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF ("%resref%" STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP "spin136" = 0) BEGIN
  END
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

and it should be fine. Looking ahead, remove this for the same screw-up, TotL-style:

// known spells have wrong level set
 COPY_EXISTING ~jklsum.cre~  ~override~
  PATCH_IF ("%resref%" STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP "spin177" = 0) BEGIN
  END
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Bug: With Assorted Fixes installed you can't get from Dragon's Eye 3rd to 4th floor. Upon loading the 4th floor (right after killing Pressio), I get this error:

Assertion Failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line 11381

Uninstalling the Assorted fixes makes it work. There's something that was changed in the teak pack on Dragon's Eye 4th floor that causes an execption and crashes on load...

Try these. You can find how to fix the .tp2 file earlier this thread, if you need to. This will be fixed in version 7.

Guest grogerson

Sorry. The last post was mine.

Cam, would you please look at dhjollde.dlg? I suspect there's a problem with states 65 thru 72, at least in a HoW install. It appeared to end early, and there should be something about giving the party Wylfdene's insignia, which certainly did not happen. Of course, I may be missing something...

Archived