IWD Tweaks v6

Guest grogerson

Guest grogerson

Cam, I've been looking at the revenants in the Watchknight Crypt (AR9714). They all use revnant.cre, but with different scripts. Will these scripts effect them so that some are immune to missile weapons, others require fire to kill? I ask because I've encountered a couple of each of these...

Yeah, eftrolg.bcs. It appears to make them behave as trolls--they regenerate, fall down, and then require fire to kill. eftrolg.bcs doesn't work without the fixes because of broken Dead() triggers. I'm not seeing anything that affects missile weapons, except the dead troll bits.

Tried Glyph of Warding with both my clerics in my install of TotL + assorted fixes +bad codes removed. Nothing bad happened.

As far as I can tell, all the Revenants in the game need fire to be put down for good. When they fall down, they're immune to all missile weapon as are trolls in those same conditions, as Cam said (although Revenants are immune to acid as well).

Guest grogerson

Interesting, Daulmakan. I believe only two were unaffected by missile weapons, and two needed fire. The rest fell to magic arrows, bolts and bullets. I believe I had this without the fixes. And thanks for the readme quote. I was on my way to bed when I posted...

Got to admit when I began looking at the revenants in NI I was surprised at the different scripts used, and wondered if this might be why those few had to be handled differently.

Anyway, I've just reached AR9800, the werejackel cavern. And as with Daulmakan, I've had no more CTD's with those bad codes removed. Now I'm off to bed again...

Guest grogerson

Cam, would you check Kaylessa's Chain for Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor? My bard's wearing it, but she seems to have a miscast chance, though none is indicated and it is elven chain.

The Glyph of Warding sound fix is being dropped. The whoosh sound is already being played by the projectile--having it in the spell file is, at best, redundant and, at worst, causing crashes.

Cam, here's what happened in my game, which I'm almost 100 % sure I remember correctly. What happened is I didn't kill the lizardman king first (though fight). I instead went down to where the villagers are (they were alive and well). After killing a couple of lizzies, I saved my game and decided to rest (villagers were visible on the screen at that time). I triggered a random encountered, so had to reload. Upon reloading, that's when I noticed the dead bodies of the villagers. I didn't understand what had just happened because when I saved the villagers were alive ! It might have been resting that triggered this, then I unconsciouly saved right after, but still, all of this happened BEFORE killing the lizardman king... and I never spoke to a villager or little girl.

As for the second level with Egania, I didn't do anything special. I cleared the right side of the map first, then the left side, where you eventually meet Egania. She talks about the prisonners, in her conversation, I also asked her to watch over me while I rested (and I rested). Then when I went to where villagers are supposed to be, there was no one, and Sheemish wasn't there either.

I'm not seeing anything that causes this, which means it could be something goofily hardcoded.

Since I'm here, is there an easy way (with a command line tool?) to reset the Sheemish global variable so I can go back there and get him ?

You'd also need to spawn him, which is a problem. IWD assigns dialogues via area files so there would be no way to spawn him and have him able to speak to you.

Cam, would you check Kaylessa's Chain for Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor? My bard's wearing it, but she seems to have a miscast chance, though none is indicated and it is elven chain.

Kaylessa's chain isn't being changed by that component. Don't forget that shields add penalties as well.

I see, thanks, that explains the difference between the diaries. However, I don't agree on the 'conscious developer design' thing, the quest was broken from the start, and I don't see the logic in negating the quest to the player simply because Bandoth doesn't have anything useful to give you because you already have the information. There are several reasons for this, but the simplest answer is XP points.That is, after all, why you do the quests that are thrown in your way. It's really not possible to roleplay 100% of your party actions, if I was deeply concerned with the fate of the Dale, I wouldn't travel to Lonelywood, and if I didn't, I wouldn't play the rest of the game, which makes the 'Full Game' option meaningless. As always, I think it's best to let the player decide if he has enough in-game incentives to do something rather than taking the option away from him. Story wise, I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to wish to help him, any good-aligned party without much experience might want to, I think (doing good no matter what and the like). You can also return to him and brag about how you helped Larrel and wasted Terikan, although there's no 'incentive' to do that. ???

If you find Kalabac's journal, it will prevent the Razorvine quest if it hasn't started. Otherwise, it will no longer interfere.

Guest grogerson

Kaylessa's chain isn't being changed by that component. Don't forget that shields add penalties as well.

My bard has no shield. Minor fix request: add miscast penalties comments to Kaylessa's chain. It's not stated.

And welcome back. I was beginning to think RL had swallowed you again. ???

Nah, spent a week back in CA visiting family, with little Internet access.

As for Kaylessa's chain, we are talking about kaychai.itm right? In my patched IWD, HoW, and TotL games I'm not seeing any miscast effects on it, and it's definitely not modified by the two armor tweaks. (It used to be modified by the Arcane Casting component, but that was dropped back in v5.)

Wait. Bard. Are you using the Lyre of Progression? It's classed as a shield (so you can equip it in the offhand), which would cause it to be caught by the component and assessed a buckler's miscast magic penalty (5%). Since the description changes are based on finding and replacing the 'Weight:' line, the description would also be unaltered.

For v7, there won't be a penalty for the Lyre.

Guest grogerson

Yes, and thanks. I didn't even think about the Lyre. No miscast penalty seems reasonable since it grants the bard extra spells, but then to give a chance of them not working... ???

Nah, spent a week back in CA visiting family, with little Internet access.

As for Kaylessa's chain, we are talking about kaychai.itm right? In my patched IWD, HoW, and TotL games I'm not seeing any miscast effects on it, and it's definitely not modified by the two armor tweaks. (It used to be modified by the Arcane Casting component, but that was dropped back in v5.)

Wait a moment... Yes, it's kaychai.itm. You took it out of the Arcane Casting component? Is that because it's elven chain? Because the Arcane Casting component is still in the pack...

(Good heavens! I'm double posting now! You're rubbing off on me! ??? )

Wait a moment... Yes, it's kaychai.itm. You took it out of the Arcane Casting component? Is that because it's elven chain? Because the Arcane Casting component is still in the pack...

Oh heh. Yes, I meant that kaychai.itm was dropped (as it's elven chain) from the Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor component in v5, not that the component itself was dropped.

Archived