Resurrecting Dynaheir

I know that the idea's been suggested before, but I think I've found a way of doing it without contrdcting the entire game.

The clone on the 2nd level of Irenicus' dungein has a bizarre speech pattern, she uses phrases like "Thee" and "Hast". As far as I'm aware, Ellesime speaks modeern english in game.

I wondered why the clone spoke like that, then it hit me, Dynaheir has the exact same speech pattern. I think that the story could be altered so that Dyna is the clone, after having gone through an experiment. Minsc would still have failed to protect he, so he could no longer be her guardian.

I think that some sort of restoration quest could be used, to restore Dyna.

So, can it be done?, and if so, is anyoine interested?

I've tried Tortured Souls. It messed up my entire BG2 directory, and wasn't very good either. :)

IIRC Dynaheir was silent in thet mod, and you had to kill Minsc to get her.

I was thinking about making something in which you could have both together, and give Dynaheir banters and interjections, sand possibly ToB content

I've tried Tortured Souls. It messed up my entire BG2 directory, and wasn't very good either.

One... two... three... summon Vlad!

I think Dynaheir's death is an integral part of the story, as is Khalid's, as is Yoshimo's, as is... certain other.

FWIW (I'm not a modder but a player) I'd find that an interesting variation on the game, and I'd be intrigued to see what you had done with it.

Modders are going to be very selective about what they put their time and energy into. It's very time consuming, and much of it tedious work. Not sure if this idea will grab others quite enough for this ever to get built unless you do it yourself.

I've had lots of ideas for mods over the years. I briefly took a stab at trying to write a dialogue tree for an NPC I wanted to make, and it there was nothing straight forward about it to my style of thinking--I gave up after a couple days. And I'm not a coder, so all those neat ideas simply ain't gonna happen.

I don't think Dynaheir's death is soo crucial for the game.

The consistency could be kept if Dynaheir could be regained only after Minsc is gone.

Not necessarily dead, just gone for good.

Same cannot be said about Khalid, because if you remove Jaheira, you remove a significant part of the story.

Yoshimo's death is utterly insignificant.

Dynaheir's death is the big part of the set-up. Trading her for Minsc is the only way to keep the feeling of loss, and even augment it, since so many people love Minsc. I'd simply replace Minsc with her in that cage. Keeping both Minsc and Dynaheir alive is imo a Bad Thing.

Clones imo is a bad thing to introduce Dynaheir into the plot, because clones themselves show Itrenicus obsession with Ellesime, not clonning procedure per se. Besides a couple of other mods take this approach already (Christa being the most likely to be complete). If I was touching clones, I'd just develop it as it is - a half-mad clone of Ellesime who slowly regains sanity (or not).

All and all, much as I love Dynaheir, I think it's better to keep her dead.

I love Dy, and would adventure to the ends of the earth with her, but she has to stay dad. Too integral to the plot. In fact, I love Minsc, but i think he should have been given the opportunity to die as well.

Frees up more spaces for more NPCs - I sometimes now play with Minsc heading home (in my mind) to Rasheman to report her death, and then have a new party slot.

Dynaheir is probably one of my favorite characters in the series. I smile every time I hear her battle cry: "For the right! And I always am!" but I'm with cmorgan on this one. Her death is so interwoven with the plot of BG2 that it would be a herculean labor to bring her back, and for what?

I generally keep Minsc, though. :)

When you start a new game you can just pretend you never played it before and then if Dynaheir is alive...hey look at that, a nice addition to your party and a character you may have adventured with on the sword coast!

As for the feeling of loss, I think there might be a greater feeling of loss for some if it was Minsc who was cut and not Dynaheir.

I'm going to shell out the same proposal I did when bringing Khalid back was suggested, and it's going to be shot down in the same way.

Extend the torture sequence before starting the game. Of Khalid/Jaheira or Minsc/Dynaheir, Irenicus asks you to choose one to live and one to die. If you refuse, he will kill both. This passes unknown to those NPCs involved.

I believe this strengthens the impact of the torture, solves the problem of reintroducing the other half of a pair, and provides a rather awkward end to a romance if you confess that you effectively condemned your partner's old lover to death.

Nobody ever liked the idea except me.

I'm going to shell out the same proposal I did when bringing Khalid back was suggested, and it's going to be shot down in the same way.

Extend the torture sequence before starting the game. Of Khalid/Jaheira or Minsc/Dynaheir, Irenicus asks you to choose one to live and one to die. If you refuse, he will kill both. This passes unknown to those NPCs involved.

I believe this strengthens the impact of the torture, solves the problem of reintroducing the other half of a pair, and provides a rather awkward end to a romance if you confess that you effectively condemned your partner's old lover to death.

Nobody ever liked the idea except me.

I think that's a fascinating way for BG2 to start.

Dynaheir's death is the big part of the set-up. Trading her for Minsc is the only way to keep the feeling of loss, and even augment it, since so many people love Minsc. I'd simply replace Minsc with her in that cage...

I have to admit that by now, having used Minsc many times, I'm no longer the biggest Minsc fan. Last game I used him he was actually getting on my nerves by the end. I'd not be bothered at all were he the one who's been killed, and it was Dyna in that cage instead of him.

Archived