Problems with Tutu install

Guest Oskar

Guest Oskar

Hi, Im about to start my first BG1 game ever and decided to use the following mods (installed in this order according to the thread "Tutu Mod Compatibility and Order of Install[/b]":

1. EasyTutu_ToB

2. EasyTutuDegreenifier-v4

3. EasyTutuHotfixes-20070205

4. Restored Textscreen Music_v6

5. BG1NPC-v12Beta3

Not: - Romance Timers: Coran, Dynaheir, Xan, Shar-Teel, Branwen, Ajantis

- Tutu Only: Change NPC Starting Locations

- Tutu Only: TutuFix Walking Speed Check

6. BG1NPCMusic-v4

7. BG1UBv4b3Tutu

Not: - AA. The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections

8. ImprovedBAMs-v2

9. Sword Coast Stratagems-v5.exe

Not: - Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

- NPCs go to inns

- Move NPCs to more convenient locations

- Skip Candlekeep

- Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge

10. TutuGUIv17

My problem occurs when I am trying to install the BG1NPC mod. I then check the "SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG" file and this is what it says:

WeiDU v 196 Log

C:\Program\BaldursGateTutu\Setup-BG1NPC.exe
{Setup-EasyTutuHotfixes.exe} Queried (pid = 220) version = 199 query done.
Newest WeiDU is version 199, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
 [Setup-TxtMusic.exe] version 199
 [Setup-EasyTutuHotfixes.exe] version 199
 [Setup-BG1NPC.exe] version 196
[Setup-TxtMusic.exe] loaded, 328704 bytes
Copying [Setup-TxtMusic.exe] -> [Setup-BG1NPC.exe]: false

Do you know what is wrong? Also, if you see any mod in my list that might conflict a lot with another, please tell me.

You'll find that whenever you install a mod with an earlier version of WeiDU than the ones you have already installed.

BG1 NPC Project ships with WeiDU v 198 or v 199, IIRC, while the music pack (and some of the mods in your installation are considerably earlier versions than that. This is expected behavior.

You need to close the command window and find the file marked setup-MyMod.exe where "MyMod" is the mod you are trying to install. Double-click on that. Your next choice should either be a language selection or a choice of whether to install the mod or not.

Please note that in many cases, the self-extracting archive looks similar to setup-MyMod.exe, so make sure you have the right one. You want to double-click on the one marked setup-MyMod.exe, *not* the one marked MyMod.exe.

Let us know if you still have trouble after that.

That's the same error someone else had on here a couple days ago. What it should do is auto-update the out of date Setup files with the most current one it can find like Berlinde mentioned, but for some reason it's failing. I think you should be able to fix it manually by copying one of the v199 files (like Setup-TxtMusic.exe) and renaming the copy as Setup-BG1NPC.exe, after deleting the existing Setup-BG1NPC.exe.

Guest Oskar

Ok, this is weird. All that was required was a reboot of my computer! Today, when I woke up, I booted the computer and ran the file Setup-BG1NPC.exe from my BaldursGateTutu folder, just as I did yesterday, and it worked! Before, the command window just shut down, not giving me any information as of why, but now It asks me which components to install and such.

Anyway, thank you for the fast replies! Very kind of you.

That's because it isn't really an error message.

When you run an older version of the mod installer after you've installed a mod with a newer version, WeiDU updates itself on the first pass. The second time you run it, after you've closed the window, and rerun setup-MyMod.exe, it runs through just fine.

You'll likely have to do the same thing with Improved BAMs and you'll definitely have to do it with TutuGUI.

In other words, you didn't even need to reboot your computer.

That's because it isn't really an error message.

When you run an older version of the mod installer after you've installed a mod with a newer version, WeiDU updates itself on the first pass. The second time you run it, after you've closed the window, and rerun setup-MyMod.exe, it runs through just fine.

You'll likely have to do the same thing with Improved BAMs and you'll definitely have to do it with TutuGUI.

In other words, you didn't even need to reboot your computer.

My bad, I had thought they had gotten stuck on it not updating, but I've now found out that it always gives that False message before it updates the currently running Setup.

Guest Guest

berelinde, you were kind of right about the reboot thing. It only worked for the BG1NPC mod. Because I actually ran the Setup-BG1NPC.exe several times yesterday, and the command window shut down every time. Now when I was in the middle of installing another mod, the same problem occured. Rebooting the computer didn't help. This however was solved by using the technique suggested in Mike1072's post.

Thanks again.

I will recheck the .bat distributed with BG1 NPC and make sure the autoupdate stuff is working correctly. Are you folks using Macs, or PCs?

I think I can have a new Beta4 out very soon. Just cleaning up some stuff.

Archived