Catching Up Friendly Cycle

Well, I've had Kivan joining me when I exited Chateau Irenicus. After completing the Circus quest, visiting the various shopkeepers at Waukeen's Promenade, meeting Gaelan and resting in the Copper Coronet after this long day, I already had three of the conversations from the Catching Up Friendly Cycle. Isn't that going too fast? I fear Kivan will not have anything to say in the second half of the game!

I'm probably worrying for nothing as these talks are precisely meant to rapidly catch up. Yet, I just want to make sure that everything is normal here.

PS: I have not installed any banter accelerator.

He'll have a lot of talks. :) Many of them are event-related(rest in the Keep after speaking with Captain Arat, walk in the Planar Prison, enter Ust Natha - some of them are randomized). And after Spellhold, there's romance or Deheriana, too, so - you'll be fine.

I'd advise you to install the banter accelerator, though(you don't have to install Banter Pack, just install the accelerator), because Kivan has a lot of talks with various Bioware NPC, notably Aerie or Anomen or Cernd... well, nearly all of them, actually.

Oh I have installed the Banter Pack. I'm planning on taking my time to complete BG2: do you think installing the banter accelerator is really necessary? I'd hate to have my NPCs silent in the last chapters of the game...

You'll be all right, I think - I was. Banter Accelerator makes a banter trigger every forty minutes. Your average SoA run is approximately one Viconia romance track - thirty hours - about fifty banters. Assuming you have six characters in the party, and assuming you have Kivan and Banter Pack installed, I think you'll do fine.

Archived