Bugs Reports - v8

Guest eel attack

Hello! I don't know if this is the place to post, but I've been having some really bad...problems with SoA and ToB. I posted my original problems on the PPG Xan board, since they were all about him (cloned quest NPCs, Xan reciting banters that weren't his, having Aerie's soundset, only Xan appearing for the Fate Spirit).

Now it's shifted to Kivan. Actually, I'm still having trouble with a new game Xan appearing only as the friend-type, but that's for another day. I've reinstalled twice and my current mods are Baldurdash, Edwin, Kivan, and Xan only. Kivan is now cycling through banters when I click on his portrait (and does not produce sound). When I try the fate spirit in ToB, I've chosen both he and Deheriana and both are presumed dead, with the same dialogue as Yoshimo.

Any help would be appreciated!

1) Kivan isn't summonable by fate spirit. If he isn't in your party at the tree of life, he's gone for good.

2) When you say you reinstalled the game, do you mean that you uninstalled it, deleted the entire game foler, and reinstalled from square one? If your WeiDU log is still in there, it could cause problems.

Guest eel attack
1) Kivan isn't summonable by fate spirit. If he isn't in your party at the tree of life, he's gone for good.

2) When you say you reinstalled the game, do you mean that you uninstalled it, deleted the entire game foler, and reinstalled from square one? If your WeiDU log is still in there, it could cause problems.

Not even in a ToB game started from the beginning?

And yep. I uninstalled, deleted, and then reinstalled twice. Improved Fate Summoning is still giving me problems, so I'm going to go ahead and just...not install that anymore.

Hideously spoiling spoilers.

No, not even in a ToB only game.

Kivan went all the way to Athkatla to find you. When he didn't, he left for the Undying Lands, where Deheriana welcomed him. You can't call him back.

Guest eel attack
No, not even in a ToB only game.

Kivan went all the way to Athkatla to find you. When he didn't, he left for the Undying Lands, where Deheriana welcomed him. You can't call him back.

Then, aside from him having the banter problem in SoA, my game is perfectly normal! Any idea what makes him do that?

Kivan does run through banters at a good clip, in the beginning. I haven't exactly opened it up and looked under the hood, but I know that Domi knows her code. From what I've been able to gather from the many games I've played with Kivan in the party, you get a whole lot of "general background" banters very early on, then they're spaced out a bit more.

Actually, I've got something similar going on in Gavin. Some of the banters are event-dependent, so if you've done the events, you've cued the banters. If they stack, they stack.

Kivan's dialogue is good enough that if it took me two weeks to get from the corner of the circus tent to the exit of the Promenade, I wouldn't mind.

So it sounds like your game is going just fine.

Kivan does run through banters at a good clip, in the beginning. I haven't exactly opened it up and looked under the hood, but I know that Domi knows her code. From what I've been able to gather from the many games I've played with Kivan in the party, you get a whole lot of "general background" banters very early on, then they're spaced out a bit more.

Actually, I've got something similar going on in Gavin. Some of the banters are event-dependent, so if you've done the events, you've cued the banters. If they stack, they stack.

Kivan's dialogue is good enough that if it took me two weeks to get from the corner of the circus tent to the exit of the Promenade, I wouldn't mind.

So it sounds like your game is going just fine.

Wait, I don't think we're on the same wavelength. When I click on Kivan's portrait to select him, instead of doing his normal sounds ("What?" "Yes?" "Don't bother me!") his banter will appear as teal text at the bottom of the screen. Not like a normal dialogue screen, but like the banter is what he's programmed to say instead of his sounds.

And I love the writing, too. :3 The only reason it bothers me is because I fell in love with the voice and I miss the "don't bother me!" very very sorely. I wouldn't mind if they operated like normal banters, and I doubt it's a coding issue. I'm just really confused. ;)

Oh, yeah, we are on different wavelengths.

And I have no idea what's going on with that, especially on a fresh install.

Domi's usually on in the mornings. Hopefully, she'll notice the huge jump in the bug reports thread, when version 8 is pretty clean, and look into it pronto.

I've had a similar problem with Kivan after a reinstallation (i.e., clicking his portrait led to no soundset, but rather a bulk of text in my feedback box); IIRC, it was because I did not know I had to delete the Weidu log and replace certain files when restoring from a clean backup (meaning, Override folder and some others). What I did to solve the problem was to click-talk him with my PC and tell him his voice sounded strange. I did this twice and then everything came back to normal, voice included. Perhaps you could try this?

Please, give a try to what Ana Christina suggested, it might be that your left-over problem is very minor, just with the soundset.

Any help would be appreciated!

However, to me it sounds (from your problems with Xan) like your dialogue talk had extra strings from the mods left over. I don't know if that got fixed during your re-installations (ie you deleted WeiDU.log, deleted Override and dialogue.tlk before copying over a virgin copy), so if the string-fixer (Kivan, your voice is strange doesn't help), I am afraid all you can do is uninstall again everything, delete everything including the log, and start from scratch ;)

Guest eel attack
Please, give a try to what Ana Christina suggested, it might be that your left-over problem is very minor, just with the soundset.

However, to me it sounds (from your problems with Xan) like your dialogue talk had extra strings from the mods left over. I don't know if that got fixed during your re-installations (ie you deleted WeiDU.log, deleted Override and dialogue.tlk before copying over a virgin copy), so if the string-fixer (Kivan, your voice is strange doesn't help), I am afraid all you can do is uninstall again everything, delete everything including the log, and start from scratch ;)

Hurray! Ana Christina's advice fixed it. ;) Unfortunately, I have to reinstall anyway. For some reason, Arkanis Gath teleports around in Mae'Var's guildhall and kills me in one shot. Doesn't even need to be in close range. Oh well. Thanks!

Archived