Bugs Reports - v8

Thank you, Domi.

I have a new question, please. I am not sure if it's a bug, and I am sorry if I mention it in the wrong place.

I've finished ToB last night and after Melissan was defeated, I got the expected Solar appearance and speech about the choice (mortal or god) my PC had do make. I got Kivan's remarks about it, but no reactions from the other NPCs (Anomen, Keldorn, Kelsey and Jan); all I got after telling Kivan my PC would stay with him was his comment about happy endings and a dialogue window in which I had to confirm my PC's choice to the Solar. I know for sure that this (the other NPCs' silence) has not happened last times when I played ToB (without Kivan in my party). Do you think Kivan has somehow prevented the other NPCs from giving their two cents about the situation, in some way?

Probably. I will have to take a look. I will ask around as to what is the best way to code this particular interjection nowadays. I think I was using the ToL scenario that did not prevent the ITJs from other NPCs, but for all I know I did not do it properly. Will you be able to send me a saved game close to the event?

Yes, I can send you a saved game. Unfortunately, the game prevents you from saving as soon as Melissan is defeated and the Solar appears, so the closest to the event saved game I have is right before the last battle with Melissan (the dialogue in question triggers once she gets to near death). If you want me to send it anyway, please let me know and I'll email it to you in a few hours when I get home.

I've finished ToB last night and after Melissan was defeated, I got the expected Solar appearance and speech about the choice (mortal or god) my PC had do make. I got Kivan's remarks about it, but no reactions from the other NPCs (Anomen, Keldorn, Kelsey and Jan); all I got after telling Kivan my PC would stay with him was his comment about happy endings and a dialogue window in which I had to confirm my PC's choice to the Solar. I know for sure that this (the other NPCs' silence) has not happened last times when I played ToB (without Kivan in my party). Do you think Kivan has somehow prevented the other NPCs from giving their two cents about the situation, in some way?

For what it's worth, this happens to me every time I play the game with Kivan in my party - doesn't matter who else is with us. Only Kivan gets a word in.

I still like him, though. :)

Domi, any idea when you'll be able to release a new version of Kivan (aka the "always-a-spot-for-him-in-my-party" NPC :()?

Reason I ask is I'm going to start a BG2 playthrough very soon - and of course Kivan will be in my party. But I'm particularly concerned with the "interjection bug": I tend to listen very closely to my party members' opinions when faced with dilemmas - and, as much as I love him, I would hate it if Kivan was the only one able to express his opinion...

I have no idea, sorry. My in-laws are coming on Wednesday for a week, and skipping the boring arrangement details, I will either be without my rig for all this time (horrors of the withdrawl), or might get some time to work on IE stuff. In the latter case it could be May (providing the interjection is easily resolved by some new trick I didn't know about) or June, since I won't have any family-free days off in April. And I have no idea how long it would take me to actually clue in into IE.

Guest Covdrummer

Hey just like to say good job on Kivan, im playing through with him for the first time at the minute and enjoying it all so far just in chapter 6 at the minute.

But i have noticed something odd, im not sure if its a bug or what but thought u may want to know. In the sewers under the copper coronet I picked up the lovers ring from the skeletons, that would normally be used to get lilacor from the riddle thing. When i got the ring Kivan suggested i take it to waukeens promenade to try and find the owner, so i figured this is something new why not, so off i went found the real owners and got lilacor anyway off the knight.

The odd thing is that my journal doesnt list the quest as being finished, it still says i should find the owners of the ring, and as far as i can remember Kivan made no comment about the returning of the ring to the knight(i did this in chapter 2 so it has been a little while).

Oh and i also had the problem of Jozzi not turning up when u pick up the ring from the king in the city of caverns, but i used the other topic to sort it out.

On a sidenote, the encounter with tazok was a slight anti-climax. I got kivan to stop before he removed the heart, which i assumed was the good path to take. but other than that he makes no other mention of the incident, nothing of him questioning his decision not to remove the heart etc. while the encounter with faldorn in the druid grove he had dialogue once you leave the area which was nice, im surprised there wasnt more to do with tazok after u leave the dungeon area. Obviously i dont know if it is to be brought back into the dialogue later in the game i shall wait and see, but seeing as you get him to take a path that was against his original idea i would have liked to see him question the decision in some manner.

Again thats just my thought and while not a bug as such i figured i would mention it.

Hi, journal was the biggest pain in the butt, and I still don't know what's going wrong there, so :D

Stopping him from taking the heart is the good path, and has no continuation. If you do take the heart, the quest then continues and leads to a number of extra talks. Call it a bonus for playing non-good for once :(

Archived