Sarevok Unkillable?

Guest Gamble55

Guest Gamble55

I've finally gotten to Sarevok and I think I may have run into a bug. I kill the fours guys that are with him and he gives me the speech about how his acolytes are dead.

However, I still can't get him past near death. I've done way more than enough damage but he still won't go down.

Is this some sort of bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

I've finally gotten to Sarevok and I think I may have run into a bug. I kill the fours guys that are with him and he gives me the speech about how his acolytes are dead.

However, I still can't get him past near death. I've done way more than enough damage but he still won't go down.

Is this some sort of bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Oh dear. It's definitely a bug. Not one I can reproduce locally at the moment though. Can you confirm (e.g. by CTRL-Y) that he's definitely unkillable?

Guest gamble55

I did try to CTRL-Y him and and it does 690 damage but doesn't kill him. I've actually completely uninstalled SCS and it still does the same thing so the bug doesn't seem to be with the mod.

I've already imported to BG2 so its all good anyway.

Thanks!

I did try to CTRL-Y him and and it does 690 damage but doesn't kill him. I've actually completely uninstalled SCS and it still does the same thing so the bug doesn't seem to be with the mod.

I've already imported to BG2 so its all good anyway.

Thanks!

Okay, that's a relief! - thanks.

I think it may be the same bug I reported in the 'Sraevok does not fear death' thread. I'm at the final batlles now and I find that when I appraoch on the right side of the dais, and try to lure just Tazok away (no other enemies visible), Sarevok's speech triggers and then very weird things start happening. Sarevok becomes stuck on the podium and repeats over and over "I do not fear death, do you?" He is unkillable when this happens. Also you cannot save, receiving a message that dialogue has been initiated.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components)

~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing?

~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?

~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics

~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call

~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.10 -> Normal edition

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Correct various errors on race, class etc

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Make Protection from Normal Missiles block magical missiles

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Faster Bears

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Allow NPC pairs to separate

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #9 // NPCs go to inns

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Allow Yeslick to use axes

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Smarter general AI

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Potions for NPCs

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Smarter mages

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Mages pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Smarter priests

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Priests pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #34 // Smarter deployment

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #35 // Harder giant and phase spiders

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #36 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Smarter sirines and dryads

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #38 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #39 // Smarter basilisks

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Improved doppelgangers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #41 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #42 // Relocated bounty hunters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #43 // Improved Ulcaster

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #44 // Improved Balduran's Isle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #45 // Improved Durlag's Tower

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #46 // Improved Demon Cultists

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #47 // Improved miscellaneous encounters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #48 // Tougher chapter-two end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #49 // Tougher chapter-three end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Tougher chapter-four end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #51 // Tougher chapter-five end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #52 // Tougher chapter-six end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #53 // Improved final battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #54 // Skip Candlekeep

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #56 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #57 // Stackable ankheg shells and winterwolf pelts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #58 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #59 // Ease-of-use player AI

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2294 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3179 // Romance Cheats -> No Racial Requirements for Romance

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19

~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects

~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Remix

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #30 // Install Hexblade fighter kit

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #31 // Install Duelist fighter kit

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #32 // Install Fist of Order fighter kit

~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #33 // Install Blackguard fighter kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #412 // Install Justifier Ranger Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

It may be that there is a content war going on between SCS and The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight. Both add to the final encounter.

I don't currently have SCS v5 installed, because I've got a BGT installation, so I'm afraid I can't help you after that.

There's a long sword +3 that I would lose if I uninstall the Gray Clan mod at this point, but perhaps I'll have to do that... Or maybe if I simply uninstall SCS v.4 and install v.5, that might overwrite whatever problems the Gray Clan is causing?

I am able to play the final battle, incidentally. I just don't have the luxury of luring enemy members away one at a time. It's only when I do that that I experience the bug.

I'm trying to develop a strategy now that relies on potions and scrolls, and lots of summoned monsters, since the enemy casts Dispell and removes the usual pre-battle buffs anyway.

Hmmm. I think that's likely TGC1E, then, since I believe that it advertises that you can't pick off the opponents one by one in the final battle. I think I got through it with some really heavy buffing, some good enemy de-buffing, a fully charged wand of lightning, and a whole mess of healing potions.

SCS also scripts so that enemies all come at once if you try to pick one off, so yeah there may have been a scripting conflict.

This final battle--whether it's SCS's or the Gray Clan's--adds an enemy character named Diarmid. It also has Tazok, Angelo, and Semaj turn into skeleton warriors after they've been killed. Sarevok and Tazok are one the podium. Angelo and Semaj Dimension Door in on either side of the dais.

Sraevok gives some little speech that I don't recall from the vanilla game, and mentions something about almost completing the rituals that Rieltar taught him. He then spawns Diarmid.

I can't recall if this is in the vanilla game, but each little alcove along the sides also spawns a doom guard. And the Tatoo of Power spell has been removed. Anyone approaching the dais gets Web, Stinking Cloud, and Dispell hurled at them.

Anyway, getting the win was very tough. I was getting my clock cleaned going toe to toe against the full force of the enemy.

I hate playing this way, but I rresorted to picking off enemies one at a time. I was able to achieve this as follows:

First I laid two snares and a skull trap back by the party near the entrance. Evidently thes killed Angelo when the mob chased after a character I had sent up to the dais to initiate the encounter. (I never saw Angelo throughout the battle.)

A little further back from the traps I had summoned some monsters to tie up the enemy and keep them there.

I managed to lure Sarevok and Tazok off the dais where they engaged with the summoned monsters. I then moved the party away and saved. I was them able to cast Dispell from outside their range of perception, and remove protections from both Sarevok and Tazok.

I then lured Tazok away and dispatched him. Then killed the skeleton warrior his death spawned. I killed Angelo's skeleton warrior when he appeared at this time as well. Save.

Next I went down the sides and cleared out a number of the doom guards. I then lured Sarevok ands Diarmid down toward more summoned monsters I placed near the dais. Semaj was with them at that point, either having Dimension Doored or left invisibility. I cast Dispell on the three of them from outside perception range, and cast four fireballs to kill Semaj. Save.

That left only Sarevok, Diarmid, and Semaj's skeleton warrior. All I had used to this point was scrolls of Haste and potions of invisibility. I then finally fully buffed up and had a pretty easy time of it, as the enemy's protections were dispelled. Diarmid was no match for my Berserker/Stormlord in melee. And the entire party put a whuppin' on Sarevok. I never saw who got in the final blow.

Archived