Did anyone notice...?

Scott3614

Ah, I'm almost 40 now! I remember the happy days of the early 1980s when C64 was THE computer and I played a real PnP RPG for the first time. I guess I really AM old compared to the majority of gamers out there...nowadays it's perfectly normal for people in their twenties to play computer and video games, but in the 1980s I was considered something of a freak. Times change - for the better I hope.

OK, better stop now before I bore you kids to death with Old Man's Rumbling. :suspect:

Hey all the people I know in RL who play computer games (besides the ever-popular Sims) are in their 30's and early 40's. (I picked it up from my dad, as well as video games) Most of them also have EE degrees for some reason... So you guys should at least feel lucky you have peers to share it with. :suspect:

Hey all the people I know in RL who play computer games (besides the ever-popular Sims) are in their 30's and early 40's. (I picked it up from my dad, as well as video games) Most of them also have EE degrees for some reason... So you guys should at least feel lucky you have peers to share it with. :)

psychology...

but i have a bunch of computer technology certs and moved off psych years ago... :suspect:

I don't feel QUITE so old now. I am not as far out of the average as I had thought.

Like BevH, I have three daughters, but mine are aged 5, 3, and 1. I was married in 1997. I am 29; I'll be 30 in November.

Hmm. No EE for me. My BA was in Communication, and my MA was in Shakespeare. :) Believe me, apart from my husband, NO ONE shares my interests! :suspect:

Sillara

P.S. My mother is 48, and my dad is 51.

I've only revealed my age to 2 other people here, but I'll give clues:

I have 3 daughters, ages 22, 18, 16.

I was married in 1980.

In the picture I use here, I was 21 and unmarried.

I've never been very good at these number riddles... so you're what, like 3? :suspect:

I bet I am older than you are!!!  :) No, really. :D How old IS everyone here?

SofT

27 (26.5). I had to actually work that out mind you, since I stoped counting quite a while ago.

And while I think of it, will all volunteers for telomeric anti-aging experiments please form an orderly queue in front of the door marked "Fodder". :D

I don't feel QUITE so old now.  I am not as far out of the average as I had thought.

Sillara

P.S. My mother is 48, and my dad is 51.

Well, I'm glad that I'm one of the people here who make you feel young! :suspect: Enjoy while you're still under 30, it just gets steadily worse after that, trust me!

Allright, just kidding, 40 years ain't that much. IS IT?! :)

Archived