A simple question

coob

Guest Guest

Yes, there are a few ones. You can try "Ashes of Embers" in Pocket Plane (www.pocketplane.net) and you can also try one in Black Wyrm Lair (www.blackwyrmlair.net) which is called "Victor's Improvements Mod". In both mods you have a component called "Weapons for all" which allows you to quit the restrictions of wapon use. What I don't exactly know if that those mods have any bugs, remarkable incompatibilities or if there is another mod elsewhere that makes that change too.

Hope that it helps.

Guest Guest

Forgot to mention that I don't recall if those mods allows the use of any weapon style to a class that previously couldn't use it. I think that they do, but in case they don't, here at G3 you have the Tweak pack with that component "Weapon styles for all".

I encourage you to read the forums thoroughly before installing Ashes of Embers. Using it in combination with the BG2 Fixpack requires you to modify Anomen's various cre's before you enter the Copper Coronet.

I encourage you to read the forums thoroughly before installing Ashes of Embers. Using it in combination with the BG2 Fixpack requires you to modify Anomen's various cre's before you enter the Copper Coronet.

Or take a simpler route and not install the Anomen components from Ashes of Embers.

Hm, I tried installing Weapons for All from Vic's pack, but it came out buggy - weapon styles were gone from the list replaced by duplicates of some other proficiencies(like 2 slings in the list or 2 warhammers). Could the fact that I installed this mod last, over all the other mods, be the reason? And if so, what is the safest order of installing mods?

P.S. AoE is better, but it doesn't let me put points in proficiencies of restricted weapons, making them not really useful. I'd like to find a mod removing all restrictions both on weapons and stars put in proficiencies(well, that's closer to cheats actually) as I'm planning to do the game solo with a cleric-based character and I'm quite scared of not being able to use my favourite weapons at the beginning.

Archived