Kudos, request, and one possible bug report

Guest Guest_Ithildur_*

Guest Guest_Ithildur_*

Overall this mod has one of the nicest RP flavors among the various ones I've tried, especially when it comes to elven lore/RP. Kudos to the writers. Character development is well done, even without going down the romance track.

One of my favorite alternative choices the mod offered was the option to find the ring's owner and attain a certain two handed sword that way, but the downside is the loss of a significant amount of xp, as the default method that BW/BIS has in place rewards a whopping amount of quest xp to each character for a sidequest... it'd be nice to have some xp, al beit a much smaller amount than what MontyHaul, er.. BW/BIS hands out, while at the same time perhaps toning down the amount awarded in the original method too.

Finally, I think I found a bug, potentially a showstopper. It appears that the mod modifies edwind.bcs (I already had a modded version of the file from Banterpack), but there are some typos, basicly having edwin's dialog script first check to see if (myself) is in the party, then checking to see if "edwin" is in the party, "edwin" is not asleep, etc. I changed "edwin" to "P#kivan" and it seemed to fix the problem; before I did this I was having the game lock up when I tried to rest with edwin in the party (and kivan not in the party).

thanks again for an excellent mod and npc characterization.

Thank you for the kind words and for the report. I guess, I will have to go to V9. Poor Cam :cry: I can throw in XP points at every turn of the quest, but it still won't be as high as the original, because you still can get most of the original XPs if you do all the sewer quests and then don't feed the ring to the pipes.

Archived