Bug with cutscenes and Irenicus

Guest Misskatee

Guest Misskatee

Hey, hopefully someone here can help me with this; I downloaded this mod and started a new game. In the first cutscene, where Irenicus tortures the PC (right before Immie rescues you), Irenicus doesn't speak (no voiced dialogue) and the dialogue which appears above his avatar is incorrect. He appears to be using Noober's lines, rather than his own.

Anyway, I continued on to the end of the dungeon (via Dungeon-Be-Gone mod) and encountered the same problem in the cutscene where the Cowled Wizards take Irenicus and Immie, only there were no Cowled Wizards or Shadow Thieves present. Irenicus simply repeated more of Noober's lines and dimension doored out with Immie (who also was speaking the wrong lines).

I've unistalled the mod and I am still encountering this problem. I'm afraid one of the files might have been replaced or something - can anyone please help me with this?

That isn't a bug at all, at least not if you've got Faster Cutscenes and Dreams (Blucher) from BG2 Tweaks, or from Weimer Ease of Use. In fact, that's exactly what you get: Irenicus and Imoen using Noober lines.

If you want faster cutscenes and dreams using non-silly lines, you might consider using the non-silly option, but that causes problems on a BGT installation.

Archived