Installation of the NPC project v12Beta3

Guest Drugar

Guest Drugar

I feel a bit silly asking about this, since I've been installing BG/BG2/BGtutu mods for years now and it's always worked without a problem, but now I seem to have a problem that's blatently obvious yet nobody else seems to have it.

My OSX-BG1NPC-v12Beta3.rar file has 4 items in the primary zipped-folder;

BG1NPC - The file folder.

BG1NPC.tp2

Setup-BG1NPC (No extention)

setup-BG1NPC.command

There's no .exe file. No install file. I've attached a .exe to the Setup-BG1NPC file, assuming that would be the one but all it does is have a DOS window appear and dissappear in a second, so I figure that's not it.

The Readme file says:

The BG1 NPC Project is packaged and installed with WeiDU and is distributed as a self-extracting archive. To install, simply double-click the archive and follow the instructions on screen.

I doubleclick the archive and Winrar opens. No instructions appear.

Alternatively the files can be extracted from the archive using WinRAR. If properly extracted, you should have a BG1NPC folder, BG1NPC.tp2 and Setup-BG1NPC.exe in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-BG1NPC.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

I've got a .command and an extentionless file. I assume these are to be one file (The .exe file) then. I've placed it both in my BGtutu install folder and the original BG2 folder to test, neither works.

Maybe it's because I'm running Vista, maybe it's because there's gremlins in the machine. I feel kinda silly though because it's in the original .rar file, so I figure everyone who downloads it should have this obvious problem...yet there's no thread anywhere so it must just be me. Redownloading doesn't help, not from different download mirrors either.

So...how'd the files get split (which is what I assume happened) and how can I solve it?

Thanks.

Guest Guest

Ok, so ignore that. The second I hit Submit I got a light in my head and downloaded the *windows* version, not the mac version.

Gods I should never have made Int my dumpstat. Forget this post, it never happened.

Don't feel bad. When I was using EasyTutu, I lost track of how many times I attempted to install BG1 NPC Project on my BG2 installation, despite the fact that I *know* I'm supposed to install it in my BaldursGateTutu directory.

Check carefully at PPG for Vista stuff; it works, but some folks have run into problems with permissions for folders, and others have had troubles editing the .ini foiles (just a friendly word, not related to the above, bt you mentioned Vista...)

Archived