How do I continue?

Danthesus

Ok so about the Dyna romance, I met drizzt without Dyna or minsc in the party and I helped him out, I'm not entirely sure what I said but I did not insult him or anything.

He gave me a strange torn piece of paper and then I continued on my way, So anyway I pick up Dyna whom i left at the friendly arm in (I think i went through 3 lovetalks) then we went back to drizzt who was there but he dosnt do anything...all he does is go up to me and thats it...follows me (while playing his audio.)

I read somewhere about the good gnolls, I either already talked or I jus can;t find them cause I searched high and low.

any ideas?

Let me take a look (I may have an answer tomorrow). If he gave you the paper because you didn't have Dy in the party, and then you returned, perhaps I missed something - he should talk to you folks immediately (especially Dynaheir) and offer to help find the rest of the journal. That triggers the quest. Let me see if I missed something (I know I tested this path, but perhaps I didn't merge the code into the final copy...)

OK, I see what i did - i didn't update one global.

Try this:

SetGlobal("X#DYQJournalTalk","GLOBAL",3)

That probably should have read

Global("X#DynaJournalNoDy","GLOBAL",3)... I will update the mod accordingly. I must have missed the merge. I will go back through, but at that point everything looks ok ???

If that works, Drizzt will do his bit. What happens next is a matter of conjecture. Save your game before doing this. You might hit a loop where Drizzt keeps coming back. If that happens, try again;

this time first disable his coming up to you by putting in

SetGlobal("X#DynaJournalNoDy","GLOBAL",4)

then

SetGlobal("X#DYQJournalTalk","GLOBAL",3)

then going up to him and talking to him.

Either way, you know you got it right if he says

Dzt: @23 = ~Well met, my friend. I see you have found a Hathran scholar?~

Dy: @18 = ~I have the solution to thy puzzle, good elf. This page was torn from mine journal. I was a captive of gnolls for a time, and they have stolen it from me. Hast thou found but one page?~

I will update the mod and get a new internal up Monday morning :p

Archived