You guys are great!

Sluagh

Hmmm. It occurs to me that the encounters where outright rejection is possible are all aimed at a female PC. Now *there's* something that doesn't happen all that much IRL. Females stand a chance of being turned down for sex, but males generally score with minimal effort. Are you sure you want to change this behavior?

@Saffa82: Thank you! ???

@berelinde: To be honest, I don't want to change any existing encounters - I want to write a few new ones, for both male and female protagonists, interesting and immersive, but where they ARE turned down, whatever they do.

Jarlaxle's was very sweet at the end, and I would have loved to meet up with him again. ???

Thank you for the kind words. Jarlaxle has always been one of my favorite characters in Salvatore's books and it was an honor to be able to add this to RA.

As for meeting up with him again..........we'll have to see. :p

An approach where you have to "work" towards the conclusion, think hard which reply will net you more kindness points, and so on [...]

Ugh. Frankly, that never appealed to me. If I can't figure out how to "do" a dialogue in one or two tries, I usually lose interest in the mod.

But that might just be me.

I think there's room for all kinds of different encounters, and that a mod like this one is stronger for allowing all those possibilities. Obviously, everyone's taste is different. I don't see why there shouldn't be some encounters that require a certain amount of wooing, some that never pan out, and some that amount to "hey, you wanna?" and "yeah, sure." Some one night stands and some ongoing affairs, maybe a humiliating rejection, maybe a single kiss that burns in memory ever afterwards.

I love variety.

I was wondering if in the next version more NPC's will have reactions

to encounters as well. Like Edwin or Kivan, etc. ? And, I too

wouldn't mind seeing an Haer'dalis romance. Also, you're right

Kulyok, I wouldn't change the existing encounters either, they are perfect

just as they are. A repeat performance with the ever popular Renal

(without re-loading) would be nice to see as well as Jaraxle! But, the

awesome as it is. :) I was hoping for a reason to play BG2

again and this is a great one. Thanks to all the writers for this mod

and I eagerly look forward to the next version. Oh! inspite of the worry

over Bjornin's CON ??? I really liked that encounter. It was much more

amusing and uh interesting than I expected. My youngest son, who is 18,

came over to visit me, looked at the screen and his jaw hit the floor.

He says, Uh mom, isn't that baldur's gate? I said, yea.....he says....OMG!

And I won't repeat the rest. :p

Writing romance reactions is up to the romance authors - we left all variables open and ready for the taking; everyone is free to use them if he or she is so pleases.

I recall that it's explicitly stated in Edwin's Romance that they're not going to write any crossmod content, so it might not happen with this guy. (Though it'd be amusing to see a romanced Edwin reacting to a one-night-stand with himself. ??? )

I'm afraid you still have to reload with Renal - both encounters lean on the same dialogue materials heavily, so it'd be repetition. And new encounters will be there eventually - if they are submitted, of course.

Guest jastey*
inspite of the worry over Bjornin's CON :) I really liked that encounter. It was much more

amusing and uh interesting than I expected. My youngest son, who is 18,

came over to visit me, looked at the screen and his jaw hit the floor.

He says, Uh mom, isn't that baldur's gate? I said, yea.....he says....OMG!

And I won't repeat the rest. ???

Thank you, that made my day! :p

-jastey

... I just googled through all Romantic Encounters reactions - on Livejournals, in BG-related communities, etc - and one of the first links I got was G3's main page: "G3 Welcomes the Romantic Encounters Mod; Version 1 Now Available"

It's not feedback on the mod, per se, but it's still rather nice. I think it is nice to be welcome, as opposed to, er, not welcome. I think. ???

I would think about rejection that way - everyone who is not romance enabled does not really throw themselves at PC's feet. If there are 40 RE's it leaves good 700+ actors in the game that do not find PC irresistably hot; I mean, I know that the authors of this mod are a diligent lot, but do you really want to see the 'Sleep with me" "NOPE!" dialogue on each of them? EVen on some of them?

Sure, being attracted and being rejected can be added. Only the way the mod info will work, you need a damn interesting encounter for a player to want to go and get rejected. As for tough to get... I thought the purpose of the mod was to infuse the game with short romantic experiences, not a whole length romance where PC pursues the love of his life in 40 dialogues or more. Now, of course, I can donate the Midnight Visitor to the mod, or something and then the whole concept is going to be redone in adding 40 out of party romances.... but is not that like killing the purpose?

I mean, I know that the authors of this mod are a diligent lot, but do you really want to see the 'Sleep with me" "NOPE!" dialogue on each of them?

Nah, I really don't. But I sure want more encounters like Logan's. That's one of my favourites. (I like Haer'Dalis, too, but that's mine, so).

I quite agree there're many, many characters PC doesn't get to sleep with, but PC never even gets to ask them, so they don't count as rejections. I think it matters, in a way. Besides, a player remembers even one strong 'rejected' encounter, if it _is_ strong enough. Add three, and it is a blow. It creates the mood, it leaves an impression. But then again, I do not mind unhappy endings.

And "YES" to "Sarevok: on air from hell" - I'd love to have Midnight Visitor, in any condition, in any mod. Romantic Encounters? At once.

Archived