You guys are great!

Sluagh

This mod got me to dust off my copy of BG2, reinstall it, and start a new campaign.

I played through every encounter possible between Chapters 1 and 4. I even cheated by using the Multi-Stronghold mod and a CLUA-consoled girdle of gender changing so I could get maximum content. I played through with an evil elven F/M/T and sided with the Shadow Thieves, so I could not get Bodhi, Bjornin, or Sir Ryan. I was playing no-reloads and somehow died fighting Irenicus at the end of Ch 4 so that's as far as I got.

I was using Romantic Encounters version 2 for Mac OS X.

Weathermistress Ada and Aimi were nice.

Anishai...well even though Bioware only gave her a few lines of dialogue I still liked her and felt sorry for her when things inevitably got bloody in the Mae'var's treachery quest. After doing her romantic encounter I felt even worse killing her this time. Perhaps in future additions she might not be so loyal to Mae'var?

Chanelle was probably my favorite romantic encounter. Excellent writing there! Strangely though, I stopped getting weekly "incidents" as lord of D'Arnise Keep. I got the bandit clearing incident and the thieving guard incident, and after that...nothing for 4 weeks straight (I still got my weekly 500 gold though). Is Chanelle the maid that you're supposed to marry off in D'Arnise Keep incident #3? I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...

Desharik was nice...not as gentlemanly as his speech would indicate, but he's a pirate so it makes sense.

The dryad...luring a mortal underwater to seduce them...seems that's more what water nymphs (naiads) are known for, and dryads are more associated with trees. It was a fun romantic encounter though.

Edwin and Eldoth...both well written I thought.

Firkraag...No one rejects the advances of my evil nymphomaniac elf! She made him pay (though not before Edwin was reduced to a pile of ash, unfortunately).

Galen Baeyle, Renal Bloodscalp, Aran Linvail - Yes, I admit I slept my way up the ranks of the Shadow Thief hierarchy! But I swear I was awarded my Thieves guild based on merit (and a little something called a multi-strongold mod)! Dinner with Linvail was probably my favorite non-explicit romantic encounter with lots of fun conversation options.

Hendak - My rep was above 11 and my PC was an elf, but Hendak wouldn't romance me. Perhaps because I was evil?

Ilona, Lais- I liked.

Laran - My PC found comfort in the arms of Laran after being jilted by Eldoth a few hours earlier. It was a very sweet encounter.

Logan - I agree with the read me when it advises you to save before this romantic encounter. It took me several tries to reach a non-premature ending.

Mira and Sheri - I love the poetry!

Mekrath and Teos - Fun with fellow mages! Both well written I thought.

Noober - Great for comic effect.

Thanks for the great mod!

This mod got me to dust off my copy of BG2, reinstall it, and start a new campaign.

I played through every encounter possible between Chapters 1 and 4. I even cheated by using the Multi-Stronghold mod and a CLUA-consoled girdle of gender changing so I could get maximum content. I played through with an evil elven F/M/T and sided with the Shadow Thieves, so I could not get Bodhi, Bjornin, or Sir Ryan. I was playing no-reloads and somehow died fighting Irenicus at the end of Ch 4 so that's as far as I got.

I was using Romantic Encounters version 2 for Mac OS X.

Weathermistress Ada and Aimi were nice.

Anishai...well even though Bioware only gave her a few lines of dialogue I still liked her and felt sorry for her when things inevitably got bloody in the Mae'var's treachery quest. After doing her romantic encounter I felt even worse killing her this time. Perhaps in future additions she might not be so loyal to Mae'var?

Chanelle was probably my favorite romantic encounter. Excellent writing there! Strangely though, I stopped getting weekly "incidents" as lord of D'Arnise Keep. I got the bandit clearing incident and the thieving guard incident, and after that...nothing for 4 weeks straight (I still got my weekly 500 gold though). Is Chanelle the maid that you're supposed to marry off in D'Arnise Keep incident #3? I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...

Desharik was nice...not as gentlemanly as his speech would indicate, but he's a pirate so it makes sense.

The dryad...luring a mortal underwater to seduce them...seems that's more what water nymphs (naiads) are known for, and dryads are more associated with trees. It was a fun romantic encounter though.

Edwin and Eldoth...both well written I thought.

Firkraag...No one rejects the advances of my evil nymphomaniac elf! She made him pay (though not before Edwin was reduced to a pile of ash, unfortunately).

Galen Baeyle, Renal Bloodscalp, Aran Linvail - Yes, I admit I slept my way up the ranks of the Shadow Thief hierarchy! But I swear I was awarded my Thieves guild based on merit (and a little something called a multi-strongold mod)! Dinner with Linvail was probably my favorite non-explicit romantic encounter with lots of fun conversation options.

Hendak - My rep was above 11 and my PC was an elf, but Hendak wouldn't romance me. Perhaps because I was evil?

Ilona, Lais- I liked.

Laran - My PC found comfort in the arms of Laran after being jilted by Eldoth a few hours earlier. It was a very sweet encounter.

Logan - I agree with the read me when it advises you to save before this romantic encounter. It took me several tries to reach a non-premature ending.

Mira and Sheri - I love the poetry!

Mekrath and Teos - Fun with fellow mages! Both well written I thought.

Noober - Great for comic effect.

What happened to poor Jarlaxle :)

Did you play version 1 or 2?

In version 1, evil alignment would have been the problem.

In version 2, alignment is no longer checked, but rep above 11 is required.

And make sure it is Player1 that is talking to him.

I think it's the thing where you have to go outside, and then a messenger will tell you to go and speak to lord Roenal, quick! No Chanelle.

Yep! Blame Kulyok's sloppiness here: I corrected rep in Windows version, but not in Mac one. Sorry!

Dinner with Linvail was probably my favorite non-explicit romantic encounter with lots of fun conversation options.

Thank you. :) I'm really elated when I see someone has the same(or close) sense of humor as me.

And you are very welcome!

By the way, using the girdle of gender to get both sets of encounters is *sheer genius!*

We might introduce an extra component? Or, better still, we could add this girdle to Mira encounter in the Promenade! Um... good idea?

Yep, you might want to make this either a sirine or a naiad. Dryads hang out in forests near their trees. They aren't much for underwater stuff.

Okay, I just spent two very pleasant minutes snickering. :)

(It should be Ὀρειάδες), assuming FR follows Greek mythology to the letter, since naiads are just nymphs in general, and nereids\sirines belong in the sea; but I do not believe it to be really relevant).

Okay, I just spent two very pleasant minutes snickering. :)

(It should be Ὀρειάδες), assuming FR follows Greek mythology to the letter, since naiads are just nymphs in general, and nereids\sirines belong in the sea; but I do not believe it to be really relevant).

Actually, naiads are in fact water nymphs, one of three types (the others were the Oceanids, natives of the oceans, and the Nereids, who lived in the Mediterranean Sea). Naiads inhabitated seas, brooks, springs, lakes, and other bodies of fresh water.

And Ribald?

I started Ribald but didn't finish it. I liked what I saw though. I liked the part where Jaheira questioned why I was spending so much time with Ribald, and I had to come up with an answer.

Archived