question about romance requirements...

Immortality

Hi!

I didn't find anything in the readme and etc, but if its posted somewhere please show me the light!

You see I started to play with a chaotic neutral human sorceress and I wanna have a romance with Xan. ...will our relationship work? hehehe. ???

Thanks!

You have to be an elf to have a full romance with Xan. A chaotic neutral _elven_ sorceress would be perfect. :p

Half-elves may have a fling, too, but it doesn't last. I've also have a friendship path here on my drive I could e-mail on request, if you're playing TUTU(it was rejected as a part of BG1 NPC - hells, I sort of have _four_ separate Xan mods now! ??? ), but you're probably seeking romance, so, an elven protagonist it is.

DAMN!!!

This means I have to start the game anew! *grumbles*

By the way, what are the rest of the requierements for the other romanceable NPCs in BG1NPC? At some point I'll have a romance with Ajantis (waiting for Jastey and her BG2 Ajantis mod now!!! ???) and I need to know what would work before I start...

And, well, just as info for all the other players that might find out, after some 4 hrs of play that they have to start over... :'(

Thanks a lot, Kulyok! :p

PS: by the way, speaking of Xan, is there any mod around that lets me choose the kit for xan in bg1? I chose sorcerer in the Xan mod for bg2, but for bg1 hes still some mage-something...

Yes, you can try lvl1npcs mod by Nythrun. I am sorry to say it's offline now, it's great: it has an opportunity to adjust XP(so if you're level 6, Xan will also be level 6) and choose any class, too! I have a copy, PM me with your e-mail address, if you'd like it.

(Um, that is, I hope it's kind of all right to pass it around...)

And, well, just as info for all the other players that might find out, after some 4 hrs of play that they have to start over... :'(

Don't try to make me feel guilty, it won't work. ??? Seriously, in your BG1NPC folder, there's a Documents subfolder - BG1NPC Romance Guide is inside. All conditions are there.

And your BG1 NPC Readme file has a link to it, too, so you really should read this.

Anyway:

- Ajantis will romance you, if you're good, not a thief, have high rep;

- Coran will romance you, if you're pretty(CHA>=13);

- Xan - elf(full romance) or half-elf(fling, broken heart).

Thank you for your interest in Ajantis (I mean the mod!!). Ajantis romance conditions did include druids, and I think some neutral alignments, too (I'll have to check, as I tend to mix them), in addition to what Kulyok said (high rep would be 16 to continue at some point.) and excludes half-orks. Make sure your PC doesn't have any single, double or multi thief profession.

... which means that I have to re-read Romance Guide, too. ???

Last time I looked(when I was doing recoding for the internal beta), Ajantis still won't have chaotic neutrals: it's good, lawful neutral, neutral, or a druid of any alignment.

As for the lovetalks for thieves, I recall you and Domi had a discussion about a year ago that Ajantis only objects to single-class thieves, i.e. he'll dump a straight thief, but he'll be all right with romancing a good fighter/mage/thief - and, yes, it's been implemented.

(And, yes, female humans/half-elves/elves/halflings only).

Haha, I didnt try to make you feel guilty, Kulyok (though the amount of lines in the xan romance.... :( )!! I just found the guide myself! I only read the readme before, the romance components and there it said nothing (gah!).

Now I have all the requierements and even tips for all the romances (link for someone who didnt find it yet: http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/bg1npc...mance_Guide.pdf ), great work :p

Starting over... well... no problem, im used to it... ???

Jastey: Usually I play as a paladin, so you have NO idea how much i'm waiting for that mod! :)

EDIT:

Kulyok, i know the lvl1npcs mod by blucher, but i thought it was for bg2?

Guest Guest
As for the lovetalks for thieves, I recall you and Domi had a discussion about a year ago that Ajantis only objects to single-class thieves, i.e. he'll dump a straight thief, but he'll be all right with romancing a good fighter/mage/thief - and, yes, it's been implemented.
Oops, memory loss from the romance author. How embarassing. (Heh, now I know why I implemented romance reaction to "PC accepts thief stronghold" in BGII!)

Immortality: Just finishing off some BG1 thingies, then I'll be back on Ajantis BGII (can't wait myself!)

-jastey, who obviously isn't logged in any more. ???

Kulyok, i know the lvl1npcs mod by blucher, but i thought it was for bg2?

It's not by this user, though it has the same idea and name. You could use it on TUTU(BGT, too, perhaps - I never checked), as well as on BG2.

Archived