Yet another mod idea

Galactygon

Yet another one of those mod ideas --

Inspired by the drow NPC portraits, why not make one if you are polymorphed/shapechanged? If you shapechange into a Mindflayer, then the character ought to have a mindflayer portrait.

I thought I would post such an idea here, as this community seems to be the one who is willing to take on such a challenge (my photoshop skills don't even rival Khayman's... heh) :suspect:

-Galactygon

Actually, that is a good idea, and likely easier to implement than the drow portraits (again, though, not for the PC). Turning an NPC into a werewolf/mindflayer/whatever wouldn't be nearly as controversial as turning them into drow.

I know sporeboy! has made a few mindflayer portraits--perhaps he would lend us his permission to include one.

I think that unlike damaged or Drow-ified NPC portraits, polymorphed ones might make it difficult to identify NPCs at a glance.

Heh... then that means that the polymorph spell was successful. :suspect:

That's why the polymorph spells are so useful in P&P (unlike BG2). Polymorph into a beholder, go right past a pack of beholders without them even noticing you (unless you attack them or act "un-beholderish"). :suspect:

Heh, polymorph spells should also change the name of the character while polymorphed for more fun with disguises. :)

-Galactygon

That's why the polymorph spells are so useful in P&P (unlike BG2). Polymorph into a beholder, go right past a pack of beholders without them even noticing you (unless you attack them or act "un-beholderish"). :suspect:

Heh, polymorph spells should also change the name of the character while polymorphed for more fun with disguises. :D

-Galactygon

I think the point would be to fool the enemies though, not the Player. :) And fooling the enemies would require lots of scripting, unless you could somehow change that player's Allegiance to EVILBUTGREEN or something.

Maybe you should see if something like that works, Galc? Also make sure the scripted character is in the party, because I'm not sure what would be the overriding factor, being in the party so as to set allegiance to PC, or the script that sets your EA to EVILBUTGREEN.

I think I just discovered a way to fool enemies, being unfooled if you attack them, and then being fooled again if you go invisible/walk away and then come back visible.

There are a few flaws in there that I might not know, but I know that my way involves the creation of multiple items and multiple invisible creatures running a script rather than changing all scripts in the game.

Take a look at the 'protection from undead' scroll, and you may have an idea how you can make specific types of enemies ignore you.

The hard part is being able to fool the creature unless you do something suspicious. That's why you need multiple items and the constant checking of some invisible creature that is summoned by the item.

I will try my method sometime next week, as I am quite busy these days (I have a lot of stuff to make for various mods, and I have been cutting back a bit, heh). Sounds clear to me, though it might be confusing for most people who read this. :suspect:

-Galactygon

Archived