Bug Reports for Beta 2

Domi

Here we go. I think most of the content is getting close to final now, so I would really like feedback on these issues:

1) Nord's speech. Is it a bit less in your face now that I pulled and/or substituted lots of 'bloody' or does it need further 'debloodying', or conversely, did I pick any other word I am using far too often in his cussing.

2) Salomeya's Romance. I added a fair bit of extra very short exchanges with her for a romancing male, so I'd like a brave volunteer or two to run through it and see it's not breaking and all.

3) Am I too generous with NPCs agreeing to romance the PC, ie were there the cases when you thought you didn't treat the NPC all that nicely, and s/he still continued to romance you? If that's the case, I'd like to know which NPC was that and your PC build. ;)

I think that's about it. I'm leaving on the 15th, so I don't know if I have time tomorrow to check in, but if not - thank you, everyone, for helping out and the bug reports to come. See you all in September.

More to add to the list when you get back:

I got a "NO VALID LINKS OR REPLIES" message during the banter with Peony about how unusual it was to journey to the Dale. It came after the option where I expressed surprise at seeing her on the Wench.

Enjoy your vacation. ;)

Guest Tempest

I'm playing through the game again, but I've run into a bug with Peony (romancing Salomeya, but taking Peony along for the magical firepower). I have the elven avatar component installed, but she keeps showing up as a dwarf, even after I tell her to drop the illusion. In the meantime, I've used Dalekeeper to change her into an elven avatar.

Another bug: I'm doing the arrows for the Palisade quest, and my party consists of my main character (cleric), Sir Nord, Peony, Prachi, Salomeya, and Nikosh. When I get to the "Hmph! Then it'll cost you fifty gold..." line, I get a no valid links or replies.

The NVRL is this one, right?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...ost&p=96580

I have the elven avatar component installed, but she keeps showing up as a dwarf, even after I tell her to drop the illusion. In the meantime, I've used Dalekeeper to change her into an elven avatar.

Is she dwarven in the inventory only or on the screen itself? When does the re-morphing into a dwarf occurs? Elven avatars worked the best when you started the game with them installed, but overoll, I am starting to doubt if the component is viable, unfortunately. The game has that had-coded persistence to turn her into a dwarf at every occasion :(

Yes, and I do have a male character and both Peony and Salomeya in my party. I'm a chaotic good aasimar battleguard of Tempus, and am being nice and offering to pay for the arrows myself. Ended up changing plans and I'm playing through with the intention to romance Peony because I never finished that earlier run while romancing her (turned Salomeya into a sorceress).

The avatar problem isn't a big deal-I just went into Dalekeeper and forcibly changed her avatar to a female elven mage avatar, so the game no longer tries to turn her into a dwarf. Dalekeeper was also handy for decking the party out in the best gear in the game-I'm playing for the storyline and seeing all the stuff you added, not the combat. :(

Yes, and I do have a male character and both Peony and Salomeya in my party. I'm a chaotic good aasimar battleguard of Tempus, and am being nice and offering to pay for the arrows myself. Ended up changing plans and I'm playing through with the intention to romance Peony because I never finished that earlier run while romancing her (turned Salomeya into a sorceress).

Good luck with it :( That NVLR was resolved, so it's good that it was the same un'.

Well, I suppose it's time to give Salo the heave-ho and bring in someone else. My previous run, I was romancing Peony as well (but I got pulled away due to my own modding project, and I eventually just lost track of where I was in that game), and I didn't have this issue.

If you could wait till the eventual conflict between the ladies (unless you already doing it) and confirm that it wors when you pick Peony over Salomeya, I'd appreciate it! I myself picked Salomeya over Peony on the last run, and it worked fine.

Haven't had the conflict between them yet, aside from Salo's comment after I killed the traitor mage with the scroll. Since I need to get through this talk with the merchant lady to progress the story, it looks like I should force the issue. Using the P command, should I see whether Peony or Salo has anything to say in private, or just wait?

You can do that. it will help with the timers. Or just rest a couple-three times. Also, I push conflict *very* hard once you enter chapter 3. But if you need to ditch Salomeya, go ahead, I'd appreciate a full run with Peony :(

Archived