What people find boring in Chateau Irenicus

Mindflayer

The linearity. When you`re out of Irenicus` dungeon you get choices to make: even though you can only visit a single district, afterwards you can go wherever you want. In Waukeen`s Promenade you can visit shops, get new quests etc. Irenicus` dungeon is linear, all you have to do is to get out, you don`t have many choices. Plus many people (like me) have restarted BG2 before finishing it many many times (around 50 in my case) and they get bored of that dark place.

tststs khay. You get bored of a dark place? :suspect:

I must say that I always use DBG to skip the tutorialness of CI and after Tactics and all the doors permanently open my soloing magelings wouldn't last a single spell against the onslaught of these fine comrades-in-arms.

1) The goblins. There's no challenge in fighting them, and they leave only rubbish behind.

2) The chateau is actually a tutorial. After playing through several times all the BGs, you really don't need a tutorial anymore.

3) Linearity. Run from place A to place B to place C, fetch this, fetch that...especially the djinni quest is really annoying.

Great thing this Dungeon-Be-Gone, I just recently tested it!

*Giggles* Perhaps Irenicus Dungeon TC is in order... it can be stuffed with new NPCs and adventures, lol... so that nobody would even want to go to Athkatla and chase Irenicus. It can be connected to the sewers... and Underdark...

*Giggles* Perhaps Irenicus Dungeon TC is in order... it can be stuffed with new NPCs and adventures, lol... so that nobody would even want to go to Athkatla and chase Irenicus. It can be connected to the sewers... and Underdark...

Eh, I was thinking of doing a Chateau Irenicus enhancement pack, but hopefully not a TC!!!!!

Then I guess it's the linearity and lack of challenge within the dungeon that makes it so boring. Perhaps if it was more challenging and more open to quests, it could be more interesting. What do you think?

Guest Guest

Please not YET ANOTHER REARLY TOUGH BATTEL MOD!!!!1. Do something interesting like adding new stuff to do to overcome the linearity.

So what? We had been through soul-loosing exersise already! Let us fool Irenicus this time around! Let him chase after us! yes... precioussss

Ummm. . .

I don't know if you're joking or not, but in any case this would be a really great mod.

Tough to do with tons of dialog and cut-scene changes, but you wouldn't particularly need new monsters, areas, creatures, etc. Hving Irenicus chase you for a change would be a fantastic TC. :suspect:

Archived