Imoen alteration problem

Guest Agrazius

Guest Agrazius

Greetings all.

I am new to BG2 modding and have been working with some basic tools like Shadowkeeper, IEEP, WINBIFF, and IETME. I recently hit a snag and was hoping omeone could provide the answer.

I recently tried to alter Imoen from the ingame version to a Mage Illusionist dualclassed at level 2 to a Thief. I imported a dual-classed character from BG1, started a new game, exported the newly created character Illusionist(2)/Thief(8) to the character list, and tried to use Shadowkeeper to convert it into the Imoen10.CRE file. I paid particular attention to the dialogue reference number and characteristics, making sure that each was identical to the original with the exception of the details I wanted to change.

When I ran the game from the beginning, it would start normally up until the point she has to come out the door and open my cage. She never did. The pregame "scene" seemed to be continuing, but she just wouldn't spawn or whatnot.

Any help would be appreciated.

At a very rough guess, I would say that you may have missed some reference to the scripts that Imoen runs. There's a lot of whacky stuff going on with her and I seem to recall that she's more complex than an average NPC.

If it were me, I'd just wait until she's in the party and then use Shadowkeeper to do the converting afterwards.

Archived