happy patch and scripted character conflicts

Lemernis

I have the game 'happy patched' using the 'never angry about reputation' component. Anomen and Korgan have had words, there's an obvious dislike. I've never used the two before. But if a fight were eventually to break out between them, with the happy patch do they get green circle beneath them (versus a blue one) so that the fight doesn't have to end up with a death?

So all but the specific banter for each pair that ends in a fight are left in? If so, I'm glad because I've never had the following party before

Yoshi

Anomen

Kagain

Edwin

sixth slot open to include Valygar, Keldorn, and any others who I might take on temporarily to complete their quests--eventually I'll probably leave Keldorn in that spot, until he's replaced by Sarevok

and I look forward to back and forth between various combinations of Anomen, Keldorn, Valygar, and Mazzy, et al, on the good side, and Yoshi, Kagain, and Edwin on the evil side.

Btw, Anomen is upset that the protagonist agreed to run Mae'Var's guild house. Basically said he wanted no part of it, but he stayed in the party though. I'm not sure if the happy patch has any bearing on NPCs' reactions to the PC's behavior. Anyway, I don't have to worry about him taking off at some point because of this do I?

As I understand it, the banters that result in violence are disabled by the happy patch.

The banters should still occur, but the actual fisticuffs should never happen.

As for Anomen, I think he's like Keldorn--he'll express disapproval and then not care any more (though IIRC some party members will be upset and may leave if you engage in slavery).

Okay I just saw the banter that triggers the fight between Anomen and Keldorn (Anomen killed Saerk, so they fight over Anomen being kicked out of the Order).

A suggestion for a 'deluxe' version of the happy patch:

They fight without the PC being able to control them but when either of them reaches __ HP a dialogue is triggered that freezes the game and provides dialogue options. There are lots of potential options here. The PC who's losing can concede defeat. The one who's winning can offer the losing PC a chance to quit. The PC can step in and offer the losing PC a chance to save face by telling both to stop. Etc.

As I understand it, the banters that result in violence are disabled by the happy patch.

The banters should still occur, but the actual fisticuffs should never happen.

So if I understand this correctly, Viconia may complain about my goody two-shoe reputation but will never actually leave. And she may well argue and fight with Keldorn, but they will never actually come to blows. Right?

Does the Happy Patch disable -any- banter at all?

Archived