Creating dialogue for a pre-existing character

dragonjewel13

I'm looking through some of the tutorials for WeiDU modding, and I've experimented a bit with creating my own character with WeiDU, but I've run into a problem. I'm trying to flesh out a pre-existing character--sort of in the vein of the Edwin romance mod--and before I get too deeply into the code I'm looking at, I want to know if there's any changes or differences I should be aware of when creating dialogue for a pre-existing Bioware character.

Also, is it possible to take a piece of dialogue that already exists in the game and force it to fire at a specific time (it's a random banter between [CHARNAME] and Yoshimo, but I need it to happen before the rest of what I'm working on) or should I cut it and then rewrite it into my dialogue files as a part of my mod?

PC-Yoshimo banter happens after four or five hours of in-game time(you have to have an Infinity Explorer to check specific timers and variables) - so you can simply have your dialogues fire afterwards. PC does not necessarily tell Yoshimo about PC's heritage in the banter, though.

Well, it again depends on whether the player wants to tell Yoshimo about his or her heritage or not. I think NPC IEP will probably add player-initiated dialogues to Bioware joinables, this particular case included; this is probably the best solution. If the mod ever gets finished, that is.

Archived