Has anybody thought of doing this?

Guest Guest

I know nothing whatever about coding so forgive my naivete, but I'm surprised that it's hardcoded that he can't be resurrected in some fashion. There's no way around that? Like when you take his heart to the temple of Ilmater, that could not be re-scripted such that the priest offers to raise him? In D&D he could be returned to the living if there was something left of his remains.

I'm writing it with the knowledge that he dies at Spellhold, so it ends up being a bittersweet romance by nature. After having looked through several things (the nature of Ilmater and things like that) I think I have a viable idea for a story arc that would conceivably allow Yoshimo to be resurrected and make sense. However, my initial goal is to create a romance that has a good, satisfying ending in Spellhold and from there working with whatever I can to complete the 'resurrection' story arc. I want to make sure I can script the necessary dialogue files properly before I worry about messing with creating a new Yoshimo to replace the old one.

Also, I'm going to try to get halfway through my written dialogues before I promote the idea too much, but any suggestions or ideas for a)whether people want a Yoshimo romance and b)if there's anything specific they'd like to see in said romance, then hey! ho! let me know.

(For anyone who saw my one little post somewhere about a romance mod I was creating from scratch: He's still in the works, but I need to find someway to make him less complicated before I can continue to write his words. I just don't want anyone to think I've abandoned it, and think that I have a habit of abandoning things.)

I've read somewhere, long ago, that somebody who really didn't want to lose Yoshimo, managed to save him. He left Yoshimo in the inn at the island to escape betrayal scene. When Spellhold was finished, he came back for Y, but Y died right after entering the inn. So, the player entered, hit pause button very fast, talked to Y and took him in party. A moment later Yoshimo died, but he was easily resurrected. I myself never tried it, though.

It's Fixpack - if you don't install Fixpack, you still can have Yoshimo for a while longer.

However, from what I remember, it's hardcoded that Yoshimo dies in Suldanessellar. Hardcoded = it's impossible to change it without modifying .exe file.

After finishing SoA and moving to AR4500 in ToB (forest), the program (BGMAIN.EXE) looks for any charcter who is named Yoshimo and/or has a death variable YOSHIMO, and kills him
(That's a quote from Vlad from my first link.) Doesn't look like a Yoshimo resurrection in ToB, unless someone finds a good workaround.

Archived