Demivrgvs Weidu Log - Bug Reports - Suggestions

Demivrgvs

1) Elven warriors allied with the drow and fight against me even if i had not harmed one them.

2) The first game-breaking bug i've found so far: probably due to 1) an elven warrior became hostile as soon as Elhan finished talking...unavoidable death. I should have a save not much before and i'll try it again to let you now if it's a persistent bug.

Wasn't there a similiar bug with the vanilla game? I remember the exit from the underdark being a fairly buggy sequence in general.

Finally had a chance to look... and nope, I think this one is an SCS problem (not sure why it hasn't shown up before). Try working around it like this: use the console to do

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("GoodElfKill","GLOBAL",1)

The work around does work and i can continue to play...althought i've already starded another game with a different party to test quests previously undone so i don't know which one i'll continue to play. If you prefer i'll continue the old one for testing purpoes.

By the way i knew of the vanilla Elhan's bug and this is different...David will surely solve it in the next build, i'm sure of it. :)

The work around does work and i can continue to play...althought i've already starded another game with a different party to test quests previously undone so i don't know which one i'll continue to play. If you prefer i'll continue the old one for testing purpoes.

By the way i knew of the vanilla Elhan's bug and this is different...David will surely solve it in the next build, i'm sure of it. :)

I don't massively mind... mild preference for continuing the old one since I think you've got Ascension installed and I'd quite like someone to try the SCS II AI for Ascension, but whichever you'd rather, really.

Yes i have Ascension installed...i'll try it then! I owe you one for making the mod. :) My party isn't probably suited to it (Archer-Jaheira-Minsc-Valygar-Imoen-Nalia / i'll probably drop Nalia to try redeeming Sarevok) and i don't have item upgrade mod installed so it will probably be very hard! :)

Hi, sorry for not being able to test SCSII with Ascension till now but two days ago i was graduating. ;)

Shadow Dragon:

My party had already finished the underdark but i still think that it was too easy to kill the beast for some reason. I've read of him remaining invisible even while breathing but in my game he didn't make himself invisible at all.

P.S Why are there two Thaxll'ssillyia's .cre? I suppose the stronger one is used...am i wrong?

Suggestions:

1) let him cast spells like mirror image and shadow door and make him under constant non-detection effect (or immunity to divination if it works better)

2) what about having him summon some shadows?

3) his breath is truly dangerous (drains 6 levels and cause blindness - "only" 4 levels drained if save is made) but for some reason he cast it very rarely...is it intended?

4) don't you think dragons in this game falls too quickly? Something like 300 Hit Points would be more believable for beast of that size and power

Bodhi's Lair:

This stage in particular is too easy in my opinion. The only dangerous things you have to fear are energy drain attacks and dominating gazes but if you have one or two characters protected (helm of charm prot. or chaotic commands) even dozens of vampires at a time are doomed to Rest In Peace very easily!

Bugs: none.

Suggestions:

1) make named vampires more "special". PnP vampires retain abilities which they had in life. Ulvaryl is already a mage and the others could be monks, berserkers and most of all assassins !! :(

2) make Bodhi much more powerful...i think Tactics may have gone a little too far (maybe not) but she deserves to be much more resistant (regeneration rate can be raised or not but she should have at least 25% physical damage resistances) and frightful (she is an epic level vampire so she can have powerful special abilities). I liked very much tactics' swarm of bats for example and it's even something present in PnP.

3) adding some skeleton warriors to the fights here and there could be fun

Suldanessellar

Bugs:

1) only a minor glitch...the summon insect casted by the Black Dragon doesn't display the animation but i'm not even sure it can be caused by SCSII at all

2) i've got a CTD in the pride test but i'm currently trying to understand if it can be caused by QuestPack (more probably than not)

Suggestions:

1) the Black Dragon went down way too easily probably because he doesn't protect himself (no stoneskin, no PFMW,...)...have you modified his script or is he as per vanilla? And his breath weapon seems to work only on a single target...

2) Irenicus...i've beaten him at first try with a party of 2.4million exp characters and then reloaded several times to judge him more accurately. He fights quite well (i love him using wish!) but he should cast absolute immunity instead of PFMW at least one time because he dies pretty easily if you have some non-enchanted weapons with you (not to mention that charname was an archer with 10 arrows of dispelling who could easily kill him without effort).

The black dragon certainly should protect himself... sounds like a script glitch. Will chase.

As for Irenicus, actually I'd thought he should be protected against nonmagical weapons entirely! If he's not, he should be - after all, CHARNAME is by this stage.

His wish is at random, actually - characters who get HLAs get Wish, Dragon Breath, Improved Alacrity or Summon Dark Planetar, 25% of each (per slot).

I was talking about tree of life's Irenicus anyway...i haven't tried yet the hell's one. I was stuck in hell because of a ctd caused by questpack in the pride test and now that i've resolved this problem the final door won't open even after the five tears closed the five eyes...don't know what it can be...it says "you can't open the door with the tools you have".

Did you know which global variabiles should i have to open the door?

Just a guess, but did you install "additional script fixes" from BG2 Fixpack?

There's a known conflict between revised hell-trials from quest pack and this bg2 Fixpack component.

Fix with Near Infinity (you probably have to repeat the trials all over), courtesy of BiG World:

d4a_1.bcs

IF
OpenState("DOOR04",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor2","AR2904",1)	 //this line is added
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",0)
Global("OpenedDoor5","AR2904",0)
Global("OpenedDoor6","AR2904",0)
NumInPartyGT(1)
InPartyAllowDead(Player2)
InParty(Player2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)
	MoveViewPoint([502.1313],INSTANT)
	Wait(1)
	ReallyForceSpell(Player2,HELL_DAMAGE_HALF)
	Wait(1)
	MoveViewObject(Player1,INSTANT)
END

d4b_1.bcs

IF
OpenState("DOOR04",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor2","AR2904",1)	 //this line is added
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)
	Wait(1)
	ReallyForceSpell("hellvict",HELL_DAMAGE_HALF)
	Wait(1)
END

d6a_1.bcs

IF
OpenState("DOOR06",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)	 //this line is added
NumInPartyGT(1)
InPartyAllowDead(Player2)
InParty(Player2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("OpenedDoor6","AR2904",1)
	Wait(1)
	ReallyForceSpell(Player2,HELL_EXPLODE)
	Wait(1)
END

d6b_1.bcs

IF
OpenState("DOOR06",TRUE)
Global("OpenedDoor4","AR2904",1)	 //this line is added
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("OpenedDoor6","AR2904",1)
	Wait(1)
	ReallyForceSpell("hellvict",HELL_EXPLODE)
	Wait(1)
END

10th

Just a guess, but did you install "additional script fixes" from BG2 Fixpack?

There's a known conflict between revised hell-trials from quest pack and this bg2 Fixpack component.

Fix with Near Infinity (you probably have to repeat the trials all over), courtesy of BiG World:

10th

You're actually supposed to change the .baf files you mentioned within the questpack directory and reinstall the component, because this is the code that installs it:

COPY_EXISTING ~ar2904.bcs~ ~override/ar2904.bcs~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d2a_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d2a_2.baf~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d2b_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d2b_2.baf~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d4a_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d4a_2.baf~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d4b_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d4b_2.baf~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d6a_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d6a_2.baf~
 REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~questpack/helltest/data/d6b_1.baf~ ~questpack/helltest/data/d6b_2.baf~

Yes, but unless he likes to re-install this questpack component and maybe mess-up his savegame it is easier to modify the bcs-files instead. And with a backup of those files it shouldn't be that hard to try it out. If it doesn't work he still has the option to reinstall the component.

10th

I had already modified the .baf files long ago but for some reason they were messed up and created the problem. Anyway thanx for the advice!

I've tried to uninstall the revised hell trials component and by doing so i've probably screwed up the savegame. I hope to find the right globals and their needed values because i don't have a savegame right before entering hell.

Yes, but unless he likes to re-install this questpack component and maybe mess-up his savegame it is easier to modify the bcs-files instead. And with a backup of those files it shouldn't be that hard to try it out. If it doesn't work he still has the option to reinstall the component.

10th

If he wanted to change it without reinstalling, he'd need to change ar2904.bcs by replacing instances of the changed d4a_1 (etc.) blocks with the contents of the corresponding d4a_2 files. I was also extremely worried about messing up my savegame that has same install conflict, so I did the manual ar2904.bcs changes today (with a backup).

Whatever state your savegame is in, Demi, checking out this area script will probably help you figure out what variables should be changed to continue on.

Archived