Demivrgvs Weidu Log - Bug Reports - Suggestions

Demivrgvs

I've made it! Hurrà! :(

Irenicus final confrontation:

Bugs:

1) the demons blnded themselves too using power words blind, they didn't target themselves but the area effect make them blinded for some reason...aren't they considered allied with one another?

Suggestions:

I like this fight much more than the uber-cheesy tactics version even if it is surely easier (my party hasn't even reached the old SoA exp cap and i don't have a single uber item - no cloak of mirroring, no carsomyr, ...). Baalors are a real pain now because of their flaming aura and most of all because of their 15% insta-kill without save...i've avoided confrontation with them because they always ended up vorpalising one or two paty members (i don't think they should be able to cast stoneskins but it makes them more tough which is good i suppose). Glabrezu can be easily dispatched. Irenicus time-stop followed by melee hits is truly awesome and it means insta-kill for many characters. He should be immune to normal weapons in his slayer form, am i wrong? For me the trick was an arrow of dispelling followed by insect plague...after that Valygar and Minsc killed him without too many problems (but without insect plague or the arrow of dispelling it's much more difficult even if manageable).

I suggest to make slayer form immune to +1 weapons and spell failure effect (but i don't think he should be able to cast instantly as dragons...insta-time stop would be way too powerful).

I had to reinstall everything, therefore i've started a new game with a different party consisting of:

- Charname (Undead Hunter)

- Keldorn (Inquisitor)

- Anomen (Fighter 7 dualled to cleric)

- Aerie (cleric/mage)

- Kelsey (Sorcerer)

- Imoen (Swashbuckler 10 dualled to mage) --- Yoshimo in the meanwhile obviously

Chateau Irenicus - Circus'tent - Copper Coronet - Slaver Compound - Nalia's Keep:

No bugs. The most pleasant surprise was the slaver's help call which make pratically both party fight at the same time against me. Only a mage (the short one :) )and two or three thieves remained at the main entrance while the others join the fight at the "secret" entrance throught the sewers.

Temple District Sewers:

Bugs:

1) Tarnor's party don't turn hostile

I'm not sure if it's SCS II related but some interjections don't start automatically as they should. In the temple district for example the Garrick' scene doesn't play if you don't talk to him...which is odd given the fact that he doesn't talk to you at all.

Windspear Hills

Bugs:

1) don't know if it is intended but Ruhk Transmuter only fight with melee attacks while being a Rakshasa i though he should be able to use quite a few spells

Playing with "always spawn most difficul monsters component" it has been really hard to beat all those ancient vampires and adamantine golems. :p Furthmore i had to use +3 weapons created via spell because Flail of Ages was the only one i owned at that time! I suppose that unprepared parties will find this dungeon very hard with this setting! :p

Tazok seems to be a lot more tough now that he uses potions.

I'm not been able to test Firkragg because fortunately he kills my lvl 10 party very easily. (I don't like hasted dragons but that's only a cosmetic problem :D )

Astral Prison

Bugs:

1) Haer'Dalis attacks the party without reason when Raelis open the portal to the Astral Prison

2) I'm not sure about it but sometimes it seems that mages (in this case the Warden) are able to use more sequencers/triggers/contingency than they should...i'll keep an eye on it in the future to determine if it's true

Has the Warden always been so powerful? He's a fighter/conjurer (a multiclass kitted) respectively level 22 and 17!!! Anyway he probably wasted many spells to kill the thralls but it was really a great fight for a party of lvl 10 characters. As in many other occasions, and i think i'm not the only one starting to fear them, i found that three Yuan-Ti mages are a real pain...especially when in the meanwhile the Warden is able to cast simulacrum, spell immunity: divination and subsequently mislead (and being a lvl 22 not even Keldorn is able to dispel his buffs easily!). :)

The funny thing is, is that I actually found the Yuan-Ti mages much harder than the warden himself. I found killing the mislead quickly made it much easier to take him down. Also, the mislead is vulnerable to dispel, and the Warden doesn't use a lot of PfMW or Stoneskins.

Guest Guest_adam_*

I'm not been able to test Firkragg because fortunately he kills my lvl 10 party very easily.

I call that a test. :)

I agree with the above post that Yuan-Ti mages are pretty fierce enemies in SCS II. In the boss battles (Torgal, Warden), the Yuan-Ti mages are the true enemy.

They do tend to be last creatures standing... chaos, domination and invisibility is a rather painful combination against a ~level 8-9 party.

I don't really want to think too much about liches and various demons at this point. :)

Archived