Regarding the movement bonuses that Monks and Barbs get

Bursk

I've never tried playing with either of these two classes, but I'm thinking about giving one of them a try in my next game. The thing I'm not too sure about though are the the movement bonuses they get. The main reason I never use the Boots of Speed is because I don't want to click somewhere on the map (with my whole party selected) and have the person wearing the boots arrive there 10 minutes before everybody else, possibly running into trouble and being all alone.

I can see myself having the same problem with Monks and Barbs, so is there any way to either:

Remove these speed increases so that Monks and Barbs have the same movement rate as the other classes (unless hasted by a spell, potion or the Boots of Speed).

or

Have these characters remain in formation with the rest of the group so that they don't arrive at the group's destination before everyone else. This would basically mean that the speed increases only come into effect when combat occurs, which is what I'd ideally like to happen.

Remove these speed increases so that Monks and Barbs have the same movement rate as the other classes (unless hasted by a spell, potion or the Boots of Speed).

Fire up SK and remove any opcode 176 (w/Fixpack) or 126 (w/o Fixpack) effects from your characters. Can't remember if SK uses hex for the opcodes; just in case that's 0xb0 and 0x7e, respectively.

Have these characters remain in formation with the rest of the group so that they don't arrive at the group's destination before everyone else. This would basically mean that the speed increases only come into effect when combat occurs, which is what I'd ideally like to happen.

You'd need some clunky script to do this.

Many thanks, Cam. I've spent a couple of days testing barb and monk characters, casting spells on them and using various items to check that they still work properly even once this effect has been removed. Just so you know, the entry in the Affects tab is 0x00B0 (w/Fixpack). It did keep coming back every five monk levels (as expected) but it was simply a case of using SK again to remove it.

I then installed the monk HLAs from Oversight, and picked 'Feet of the Wind'. When I looked in SK, I saw two new entries: Movement Rate and Class Ability. The first is clearly what's speeding up the monk, but the second I think is also part of it, since in the Resource 0 tab it says 'KISH9'. Are you able to tell me if I should indeed be removing both the Movement Rate and Class Ability entries, in order to negate the effects of 'Feet of the Wind'?

Edit: While I think of it, are there any other HLAs (from the unmodded game) that give permanent speed increases to other classes? If so, do you know how to remove them using SK?

Archived