BG1 Tweak Pack

Guest grogerson

New page starting, so I'll re-post the tweak status list.

BG1 . TotSC Component

Cosmentic Changes

Y . . _ . . Remove Helmet Animations *

N . . _ . . Avatar Morphing Script @

Y . . _ . . Weapon Animation Tweaks *

Y . . _ . . Icewind Dale Casting Graphics @

Y . . _ . . Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items *

N . . _ . . Commoners Use Drab Colors @

Y . . _ . . Icon Improvements @

N . . _ . . Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor @

Y . . _ . . Force All Dialogue to Pause *

Content Changes

Y . . _ . . Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp @

N . . _ . . Improved Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialogs @

N . . _ . . Reveal City Maps @

Y . . _ . . Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items *

Y . . _ . . Gems and Potions Require Identification *

Rule Changes

N . . _ . . Two-Handed Bastard Swords @

N . . _ . . Universal Clubs *

N . . _ . . Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component *

Y . . _ . . Change Experience Point Cap @

Y . . _ . . Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P *

Y . . _ . . Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor *

Y . . _ . . Wear Multiple Protection Items *

N . . _ . . Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level @

N . . _ . . Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability @

Y . . _ . . Multi-Class Grand Mastery *

Y . . _ . . Baldur's Gate II Grand Mastery *

Y . . _ . . Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight *

N . . _ . . Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent @

N . . _ . . Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent @

Y . . _ . . Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table *

Y . . _ . . Alter Mage Spell Progression Table *

Y . . _ . . Alter Bard Spell Progression Table *

Y . . _ . . Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table *

Y . . _ . . Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression * (exceptions...)

Y . . _ . . Bards, Paladins and Clerics Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression (new)

Y . . _ . . Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions *

N . . _ . . Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids *

Y . . _ . . Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters *

Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats

Y . . _ . . Higher HP on Level Up *

Y . . _ . . Maximum HP Creatures *

N . . _ . . Identify All Items *

Y . . _ . . Easy Spell Learning *

Y . . _ . . Shut Up “You must gather your party...†@

Y . . _ . . Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices *

Y . . _ . . Unlimited Ammo Stacks *

Y . . _ . . Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks *

Y . . _ . . Unlimited Potion Stacks *

Y . . _ . . Unlimited Scroll Stacks *

Y . . _ . . Happy Patch @

Y . . _ . . Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation @

Y . . _ . . No Traps or Locks @

Y . . _ . . Rest Anywhere *

Y . . _ . . Sellable Items *

Y . . _ . . Minimum Stats Cheat *

Joinable NPC Tweaks

Y . . _ . . Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions @

Y . . _ . . Give Edwin His BG2 Stats @

Y . . _ . . Give Jaheira Her BG2 Stats @

Y . . _ . . Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment @

Y . . _ . . Give Minsc His BG2 Stats @

Y . . _ . . Give Viconia Her BG2 Stats @

N . . _ . . Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage @

Y . . _ . . Give Kagain a Legal Constitution Score of 19 @

@ - from BG2 Tweaks * - from IWD1 Tweaks

Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression - limited functionality with Change Experience Point Cap. It works fine if it isn't installed or if the Remove Completely is installed, but fails if any other subcomponent is installed.

You got "Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P" working?:(?

I tried to get that to work and couldn't. Have you done anything to it? My game always crashed when I tried to use it. If your code is different than the IWD1 tweaks, can you post it. I'd like to test it on my non-totsc install...

Identify all items should work. I've used it before without any problems. I believe igi has a tweak pack that may include exactly that. You can probably find it over at teambg.eu

You got "Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P" working?;)?

I tried to get that to work and couldn't. Have you done anything to it? My game always crashed when I tried to use it. If your code is different than the IWD1 tweaks, can you post it. I'd like to test it on my non-totsc install...

Identify all items should work. I've used it before without any problems. I believe igi has a tweak pack that may include exactly that. You can probably find it over at teambg.eu

Please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you what I currently have, bugs and all. I may have assumed it was working because spellcasting is enabled, but I've not tried to cast...

EDIT: Both Thieving and Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor appear to be working properly. No CTD's encountered. (11-07-07)

I haven't forgotten about this, I promise, but my to-do list has reached a crisis stage. My lynching by the Gibbs is imminent unless I do something about it. :(

Expected as much. I started this thing, so I'll still plug away at it until you have the time. This thread provides me with a place to record my findings, and whine when I get too frustrated... :p

Looking over the BG2 tweak pack, I noticed the tob2soa.tpa. Could something similar be done for BG1? That would allow some of the currently non-working components to work in the simplest way.

Of course, this is assuming such a thing could be done... :)

Here's a tweak that I've been working on.

It can't really be called a fix as there is a hardcoded feature that prevents the container script from firing too often. Here is the situation. When the player opens a scripted container the guards are called. IF the player opens the same container again, guards are called again. Should the player open the same container for a third time, guards will still be called. On the fourth open, the hardcoded feature kicks in and prevents the container script from calling the guards. In an area that has only one scripted container that calls only one guard this is not so much an issue, but in an area like the barracks of candlekeep where there are four containers each calling two guards it could be a problem. It's bad enough that should the player open all four containers in one attempt there would be eight guards, but if the player thought that they missed something and went back thru the containers again there could be up to 24 guards. Now that is a bit much.

I do recognize that this is a situation that may not be seen by very many players if it is seen at all. Here is a bit of compromise. Each container gets a local variable that will prevent itself from calling the guards again. So in the case of the candlekeep barracks there could ever only be a max of eight guards.

BEGIN ~Cause containers to call the guards once and only once~
COPY_EXISTING ~act01.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act02.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act03.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act04.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act05.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act06.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act07.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act08.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act09.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act10.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act11.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act12.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~act13.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
 REPLACE_EVALUATE
~IF~
  BEGIN END
~IF
Global("ab_guards","LOCALS",0)~
 REPLACE_EVALUATE
~RESPONSE #100~
  BEGIN END
~RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("ab_guards","LOCALS",1)~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I took a look at the bg1tweaks you sent me. I found your file listing the bad components so I went through them and looked at their codes to see what might be up. Here are the results of those efforts...

Install Component [Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

This one failed because BG1 does not have kits. The cre structure is also slightly different between bg1 and bg2.

///////////////////////////////

Install Component [identify All Items]?

This one failed because it was looking for IWD cre structure rather than BG1

///////////////////////////////////

Install Component [Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric and Druid Multi-Classes]?

This one failed because the number of columns in clasweap.2da is different between bg1 and bg2 because there are more weapon types in bg2 than in bg1.

///////////////////////

Install Component [Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent]?

This one failed because hamm04.itm is not a bg1 file. That part of the component can be removed. Also try using the bg2 tweaks offset of 0x60 instead of the iwd tweaks offset of 0x86. Of all the files listed the only one that is affected in bg1 is sw1h03.itm -- bastard sword +1/+3 vs shapeshifters

////////////////////////////

Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor

This one works, with one minor flaw - negative wrap-around. Thief wearing chain armor:

Base Modified

Open Locks: 45% 30% (-15%)

Stealth: 25% **251%** (-30%)

Find Traps: 10% **251%** (-15%)

Pick Pockets: 45% 5% (-40%)

See the other post on my thoughts about this....

I saw that you hadn't gotten the Identify All Items to work. I knew that it should so I took a look to see what was going on. The version you had came from the IWD tweaks where the cre files had a different structure than the BG games. I therefore took the offsets as listed in the bg2tweaks version of the same component (and compared it to the iesdp to make sure they were identical to the bg1 cre offsets) and used them. The below code installs fine now. I didn't test it in game, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work....

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////												  \\\\\
///// Identify All Items							   \\\\\
/////												  \\\\\

BEGIN @302000 DESIGNATED 3020
GROUP @4

// this file does nothing, it just allows other mods to detect this component
COPY_EXISTING ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/cdb03020.g3~

PRINT @1
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
WRITE_SHORT 0x42 0
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

// add charges to items in game
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~
					  ~^.+\.are$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_FILE%" STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP "^.+\.cre$" = 0) BEGIN // if creature
//IWD settings used here changed to BG1 settings
//	READ_LONG 0x324 "itm_off" ELSE 0
//	READ_LONG 0x328 "itm_num" ELSE 0
//BG1 settings taken from BG2Tweaks version of this component
READ_LONG 0x2bc "itm_off" ELSE 0
READ_LONG 0x2c0 "itm_num" ELSE 0
 END ELSE BEGIN
READ_LONG  0x78 "itm_off" ELSE 0
READ_SHORT 0x76 "itm_num" ELSE 0
 END
 FOR (index = 0; index < itm_num; index = index + 1) BEGIN
READ_BYTE  ("%itm_off%" + 0x10 + (0x14 * "%index%")) "flag"
WRITE_BYTE ("%itm_off%" + 0x10 + (0x14 * "%index%")) ("%flag%" BOR 0b00000001) // adds identified flag
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

This is what I referred to in the previous post

The thieving actions in heavy armor did install properly this time. (I think I had screwed something up when I was trying to do it before. Perhaps, I had assumed the problem was with both the thieving actions and spell casting and it was only with spell casting but anywho...) Values below 0 do wrap around to a positive of 251%. I've tried many different approaches to counter this. Basically, after the count wraps around the game can't recognize the value properly. I tried using dplayer scripts and party ai scripts.

A CheckStat(Myself,251,FIND_TRAPS) did nothing.

A CheckStatGT(Myself,100,FIND_TRAPS) did nothing.

A CheckStatLT(Myself,0,FIND_TRAPS) did nothing.

The spell I created could be the problem instead of the stat check itself. I should try to see if I can get the stat check to work with a simple action like equipping a ranged weapon. But at this point, I don't think there is anything that can be done to counter the wrap around.

Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric and Druid Multi-Classes component.

I've not tested this, but it should solve the installation problem at least. Might get you a step closer to seeing if it works...

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////															\\\\\
///// Loosen equipment restrictions for druid/cleric multis	  \\\\\
/////															\\\\\

BEGIN @220000 DESIGNATED 2200
GROUP @9

// this file does nothing, it just allows other mods to detect this component
COPY_EXISTING ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/cdb02200.g3~

//Alignment changes
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 READ_BYTE 0x1f "use2"
 READ_BYTE 0x20 "use3"
 PATCH_IF (("%use2%" BAND 0b00001000) = 0b00000000) BEGIN // if usable by single-class fighters...
SET "use2" = ("%use2%" BAND 0b00101111) // make usable by fd, fc, fmc
 END
 PATCH_IF (("%use3%" BAND 0b00000100) = 0b00000000) BEGIN // if usable by single-class mages...
SET "use2" = ("%use2%" BAND 0b01111110) // make usable by mc, fmc
 END
 PATCH_IF (("%use3%" BAND 0b01000000) = 0b00000000) BEGIN // if usable by single-class thieves...
SET "use2" = ("%use2%" BAND 0b11111101) // make usable by ct
 END
 PATCH_IF (("%use3%" BAND 0b00100000) = 0b00000000) BEGIN // if usable by single-class rangers...
SET "use2" = ("%use2%" BAND 0b11111011) // make usable by cr
 END
 WRITE_BYTE 0x1f "%use2%"
 WRITE_BYTE 0x20 "%use3%"
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

// now to do the same with the prof charts...
COPY_EXISTING ~clasweap.2da~ ~override~
COUNT_2DA_COLS ~cols~
 FOR (col = 1; col < %cols%; col = col + 1) BEGIN
READ_2DA_ENTRY  1 col %cols% "mage"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  2 col %cols% "fighter"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  4 col %cols% "thief"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  8 col %cols% "ranger"
PATCH_IF ("%fighter%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 10 col %cols% ~1~ // fc
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 16 col %cols% ~1~ // fd
END
PATCH_IF ("%mage%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 14 col %cols% ~1~ // cm
END
PATCH_IF ("%thief%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 15 col %cols% ~1~ // ct
END
PATCH_IF ("%ranger%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 18 col %cols% ~1~ // ct
END
PATCH_IF (("%fighter%" + "%mage%") > 0) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 17 col %cols% ~1~ // fmc
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

This one failed because BG1 does not have kits. The cre structure is also slightly different between bg1 and bg2.
But it had multi-classes, right? What do kits have to do with it? It might be the differing EFF structure (as you seem to be suggesting) - otherwise it should work.

But it had multi-classes, right? What do kits have to do with it? It might be the differing EFF structure (as you seem to be suggesting) - otherwise it should work.

Okay, you got me.... Must've been asleep on that one. Good thing you're around to bash me in the head and wake me up... :p

The problem with Dudleyville's Khalid is it's dropping into the override. The BG2Tweak is patching. I prefer the latter for compatability purposes.

I've been playing BG1 (no TotSC) the last while. I've a couple mods to check (promised before starting on the tweak pack) and I'm taking the opportunity to check some tweaks.

So far, No Traps or Locks works, though now no one seems to care if I strip their homes bare...

Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking works, including Winter Wolf Pelts. The only problems are that scalps still won't stack beyond 10, and the Nashkel storekeeper only see, and pays for, only one pelt if they're stacked.

I don't recall anything else, so far, except that the Open the Cloakwood Forest Before the Bandit Camp can cause certain problems with storyline (revealing information the PC isn't supposed to know yet), and a warning should be given in the readme.

The problem with Dudleyville's Khalid is it's dropping into the override. The BG2Tweak is patching. I prefer the latter for compatability purposes.
Yeah, obviously. And when I said "convert to WeiDU" for the other stuff, I meant "patching code" too, though it doesn't mean that to all modders (but I'm sure plainab would assume the same thing).
I don't recall anything else, so far, except that the Open the Cloakwood Forest Before the Bandit Camp can cause certain problems with storyline (revealing information the PC isn't supposed to know yet), and a warning should be given in the readme.
This one has always made me leery for the same reason. If the reason for it is mainly to get an NPC like Coran early, then maybe the tweak should move Coran instead...

Archived