BG1 Tweak Pack

Guest grogerson

The problem with Coran is his wyvern hunting timer, and they're found only in the Cloakwood...

Not to mention that going after wyverns right out of Candlekeep is basically assisted suicide. But hey, player's game, we're not making anyone install that tweak at gunpoint (at least, I hope not... :p )

Now that I think about it, Dudley had that same tweak. (And hey, why not convert his other tweaks to WeiDU while you're at it, though after his fixpack stuff of course :p.)
How about this... Whatever I can figure out how to code and get working you can then decide if it is a tweak or a fix and send it to the correct mod....
The first Cloakwood area is fine, no out of place dialogs and you can get Gurke's cloak from the tasloi. The problem with Coran is his wyvern hunting timer, and they're found only in the Cloakwood...
Maybe I had a weird game, because one of my first times through I got waylaid by enemies over near the basilisk area and was attacked by a wyrven. I never knew about the bounty in that game but when I went back to the temple in Beregost to heal up I was given the reward. Later when I talked to Coran, the quest wasn't solvable so I didn't let him join up...

Here's my idea for an added BG1 Component/Tweak...

Why people of the Sword Coast have continued to travel on foot is beyond me... so that's why I have been wanting to add a Stables component to BG1 using the horse avatar in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn. There would be stables at the Friendly Arm Inn, Beregost, Nashkel, and Baldur's Gate, maybe even Gullykin (smaller horses). You would speak with a stable person (placed next to a horse avatar in an area similar to a stable) to initiate the purchase of a riding/war horse or pack mule. The riding horse would allow far shorter travelling times up and down the coast (adjusted for the quality of riding/war horse purchased) and the pack mule would allow for larger equipment stacks (logically) and act like a Bag of Holding for the party.

I would be working on it now, but have had little time to really make it come about. Please let me know your thoughts and/or concerns...

Thank you,

LoneRogue

Maybe I had a weird game, because one of my first times through I got waylaid by enemies over near the basilisk area and was attacked by a wyrven. I never knew about the bounty in that game but when I went back to the temple in Beregost to heal up I was given the reward. Later when I talked to Coran, the quest wasn't solvable so I didn't let him join up...

It does happen, but very rarely, and that area is a long time into the game. The timer will likely expire before then, and he'd leave...

Here's my idea for an added BG1 Component/Tweak...

Why people of the Sword Coast have continued to travel on foot is beyond me... so that's why I have been wanting to add a Stables component to BG1 using the horse avatar in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn. There would be stables at the Friendly Arm Inn, Beregost, Nashkel, and Baldur's Gate, maybe even Gullykin (smaller horses). You would speak with a stable person (placed next to a horse avatar in an area similar to a stable) to initiate the purchase of a riding/war horse or pack mule. The riding horse would allow far shorter travelling times up and down the coast (adjusted for the quality of riding/war horse purchased) and the pack mule would allow for larger equipment stacks (logically) and act like a Bag of Holding for the party.

I would be working on it now, but have had little time to really make it come about. Please let me know your thoughts and/or concerns...

Thank you,

LoneRogue

It's a nice idea, but...

Aside from the problems working around the engine limitations, if you could get it to work this would be more appropriate as a separate mod. It's well beyond the limits of either fix or tweak pack.

I do like this idea, but as grogerson said, it looks more to be a whole mod in itself than a fixpack component. I think the biggest barriers will be getting the travel time modifiers to work and getting the horses to follow you smoothly (do they even have a walking animation?). And sadly, I have no idea how one would go about solving those problems.

How about this... Whatever I can figure out how to code and get working you can then decide if it is a tweak or a fix and send it to the correct mod....
I've always thought his hobgoblin was pretty much a fix - it just has some dialogue that doesn't work in the vanilla game, like the Candlekeep nobles. It makes no sense at all without that.
Why people of the Sword Coast have continued to travel on foot is beyond me... so that's why I have been wanting to add a Stables component to BG1 using the horse avatar in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn.
I think the biggest barriers will be getting the travel time modifiers to work and getting the horses to follow you smoothly (do they even have a walking animation?). And sadly, I have no idea how one would go about solving those problems.
I think the horses might be the easy part - people have done mods with pets, familiars, summonables etc. But yeah, it might require more animations - they probably have "standing" and "dying" animations. Still, it might be an easy one to rip from elsewhere or just draw from scratch - it's not like they have to wield weapons or cast spells or anything.

As for the adjusted travel times - it is possible to mod, but what I don't know is if it's possible to adjust them on the fly with a game in progress. Would be interesting to experiment with though. At the very least, you could boost your movement rate by double or something (more so than the boots of speed).

I finally ran into a major problem in my run through. The frustrating part is that it's in Chapter 7, inside Baldur's Gate. It really kicks in when I enter the Ducal Palace. The movie plays, I return to play for a few seconds, the movie repeats... If I leave the area the movie stops, but restarts when I return the the main floor. I also had the same problem with Cythandria's surrender dialog, though that cleared up when she died.

I suspect a global isn't setting. Any ideas?

My BG1 Tweaks WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~XANBG1FRIEND/SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1, v3

~JASTEYSBG1QUESTS/SETUP-JASTEYSBG1QUESTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod by jastey (includes the "Slime Quest")

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icon Improvements

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1011 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Druids Use Cleric Spell and Level Progression Tables

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Bards, Paladins and Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2190 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3105 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Minimum Stats Cheat

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Give Edwin His BG2 Stats

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Give Jaheira Her BG2 Stats

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Give Minsc His BG2 Stats

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Give Viconia Her BG2 Stats

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19

I also had No Traps or Locks and Rest Anywhere installed, removing them one at a time to see if they might be the culprits.

In your ar0108.bcs file, you should have:

IF
 Global("EnteredPalace","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
StartMovie("PALACE")
SetGlobal("EnteredPalace","GLOBAL",1)
END

I'm not sure what would be messing with that in your components, but you could search your code for it.

Thanks, Miloch. The .bcs looks good, but...

Just to reiterate, I'm playing BG1 v1.1.4315, from the Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition DVD. No Tales of the Sword Coast on this one.

I took a save from the beginning of Chapter 6 and re-ran through to the Ducal Palace. Still no good. I suspect something corrupted early on, either with the install or during Chapter 5. I have multiple spawns of some characters in South BG (the Docks and Iron Throne building) as well as in the Blushing Mermaid.

In addition to the looping movie, when I enter the Ducal Palace I don't see Belt, Liia, Sarevok, or the "nobles" around. This is also why I suspect a Global isn't setting properly, even though everything has been done and I'm allowed access to the Palace.

This is really frustrating, especially so close to the end of the game :) .

I've started a new game without the mods but with most of the previous tweaks. I left out Open Cloakwood, No Locks or Traps and Rest Anywhere, but added Max HP for NPCs.

Max HP for NPCs appears to create a problem with joinable NPCs. Thieves/bards and mages get a base 8hp/level, not the proper 6hp and 4hp. Great for power gamers but...

I've added Breakable Non-Magical Armor, Shield and Helms and Restore Friendly Arm Inn Hidden Container. The first causes CTD, the second works fine.

Cam, I'll send you my work to date, except for the setup-bg1tweaks.exe. My ISP likes to remove the attachments from my e-mails if an x.exe is in it, even zipped. The readme (RTF format) lists the components, in order, with their status. Any idea when you'll be able to get to it, or are you still barely treading water with other forum stuff?

Update for you, Cam.

Thank you, plainab. Your code change for Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids appears to work fine. The BG2 Tweaks Identify All Items also appears to work in BG1. Sorry for taking so long to check it out.

Now I've another quirk to investigate. Just as with the multiple spawn/repeating movie, this may be related to incompatible tweaks. This time descriptions for armor, and armor only, has disappeared. Allow Stealth and Allow Spellcasting, singly or together don't appear to do this.

Archived