BG1 vs BG install order

Cashews

I finally got my copy of Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga in the mail this morning. Woohoo! :) Soon, for the first time in about 5 years, I'll be able to search the libraries of Candlekeep and walk the streets of Baldur's Gate... after some Tutu-ifying of course.

Now, since I never used Tutu before (or any other BG1 mods), I did some digging around over the last few weeks to find the best mods and most reliable installation. The infos from the Tutu Mod Compatibility and Order of Install thread were invaluable and I'll most likely be using that install order. Looking at it however, I find that the logic used there really isn't the same as the the logic I used for my BG2 install. Some components I thought I had to install later for BG2 are installed early in BG1 and some mod which should be installed before or after another mod end up being somewhere else entirely.

...and so, I'm left a little confused and wondering about how I should be doing this.

Now, being annoyingly picky about these kind of things, I'd simply like my installations for both BG1 and BG2 to be as close to perfect as possible. So here's what I'll probably be using. Please feel free to let me know if these installations are correct.

BG1 install order:

Official ToB patch

EasyTutu

EasyTutu Hotfixes

EasyTutu Degreenifier

EasyTutu NPC Kits

Tutu Fixpack (Except ‘Walking Speed’ component)

Herbs & Potions Add-In

Ashes of Embers (Only 'WS Enhancement' component)

NPC Kitpack

Song and Silence

Rogue Rebalancing

BGI Slime Quest

BGI NPC Project

BGI NPC Music

Xan’s BGI Alternate Soundset

Xan’s BGI Friendship Talks

BGI Unfinished Business

Improved BAMs

GMinion

Oversight (Only ‘Holy Liberator Kit’ component)

Sword and Fist

Divine Remix

D0 Tweak Pack (Selected components only)

iiItem

BGII Tweak Pack (Selected components only)

Sword Coast Stratagems

BG2 install order:

Official ToB patch

BGII Fix Pack

Oversight

Ascension

Turnabout

Slightly Improved Ilyich

Tactics (Selected components only)

Improved Battles (Selected components only)

Bag Bonus

SP Collection

Herbs & Potions Add-In

MunchMod

Item Upgrade

Ruad

Item Value Tweak

iiItem

NPC Beautification Pack

NPC Tweak Pack

NPC Kit Pack

PPG Quest Pack

D0 Tweak Pack

Unfinished Business

GMinion

Improved Horns of Valhalla

PnP Celestials

Edwin Romance SoA/ToB/Flirts

Xan Romance SoA/ToB

PPG Banter Pack

PPG Flirt Pack

Romantic Encounters

A Mod for the Orderly

Every Mod and Dog

Ashes of Embers (Only ‘Wizard Slayer Enhancement’ component)

Sword and Fist

Divine Remix

Song and Silence

Rogue Rebalancing

Zyraen’s Miscellany (Only ‘Transfer Yoshimo’s XP’ component)

BGII Tweak Pack (Selected components only)

Thanks.

NPC Kitpack deals with only BG2 NPCs, so it won't have any effect on your BG1 Tutu game.

Did you mean EasyTutu NPC Kits instead?

I don't know if it makes an awful lot of difference, with some points of your installation. If you were using Ashes of Embers to do anything more than buff your wizard slayers, I'd suggest placing it later in the install, because it nees to be installed after mods that add weapons.

NPC Kitpack deals with only BG2 NPCs, so it won't have any effect on your BG1 Tutu game.

Did you mean EasyTutu NPC Kits instead?

No. It was my understanding that the NPC Kitpack would allow to modify Edwin, Imoen and Minsc in Tutu. I'll have to check it up again to be sure.

Official ToB patch on the BG1 install?

Ah well no... More likely, BG1-TotSC-BG2-ToB-Patch and then install EasyTutu. From there I would mod TutuBG1 and BG2 separately.

No. It was my understanding that the NPC Kitpack would allow to modify Edwin, Imoen and Minsc in Tutu. I'll have to check it up again to be sure.

That's correct; this is a new addition for v1. Imoen won't receive a mage kit option, but otherwise the components work for Tutu in the same way as BG2.

Guest grogerson

No patch is needed for the Original Saga. The 5512 patch is already incorporated. I have it as my BG1 install. Only ToB needs to be patched to 26498.

Of course, my reference is BGT, not Tutu or Easy Tutu...

Archived