Why do you still do it?

Cashews

So... out of curiosity (again... damn curiosity, gonna get me killed one of those days)... most of you guys worked on quite a few mods. Is there any mod you really wanted to do but never actually got to work on? Any one-of-those-days-I'm-going-to-do-that-and-its-going-to-be-awesome mod?

Although I do still plan to release Nalia in some form or other, I can't imagine I'll ever actually write my "evil" romance concept. It had some great lines worked out at key points in the game, but never really got anywhere beyond that. Next year either I'll be working on TBH 2 or working nights at a pizza place to pay off the TBH 1 debt, so I don't really see getting around to writing out a whole new BG2 mod from scratch again.

Next year either I'll be working on TBH 2 or working nights at a pizza place to pay off the TBH 1 debt, so I don't really see getting around to writing out a whole new BG2 mod from scratch again.

What's TBH? I don't think you've mentioned it before.

:)

So... out of curiosity (again... damn curiosity, gonna get me killed one of those days)... most of you guys worked on quite a few mods. Is there any mod you really wanted to do but never actually got to work on? Any one-of-those-days-I'm-going-to-do-that-and-its-going-to-be-awesome mod?

For BG2? Midnight Visitor never got finished by me, and it's pretty much the only project that I wished I had perseverance to do. What else? Oh, my. The expansion of the Planar Sphere. Evil female NPC, a fallen paladin who became a fighter DC'd to a Priestess fo Talos. Dynaheir for BG2. The whole Shilmista Chapter portion of Kivan of Shilmista mod. Jozzi, the Malenti, as a joinable NPC. Coran and Safana for BG2. I think, I've even tried to write Haer'Dalis romance once, but who hasn't, LOL!!!

For BG1? Safana's Romance, Shar-Teel's Big Quest. Something bigger and better for Faldorn too.

For IWD2? The Chimeras, a mod to add 2 alternative story-lines into IWD2. (can I start thinking small!!!) and 2 characters I really, really wanted to write (priests).

For NWN2? I have a feeling that my 'big' project, the Heir, is not going to get anywhere ever, as even the 2 small ones prove very time-consumming (ie Bishop's Romance and the Deathstalker).

I think I have to say thank you to BioWARE or Lukasarts for making KOTOR off limits to modding!

Gods, if only I had a time machine, and English as my first language and wasn't such an idiot in programming! I'd have been modding 24/7. Well, 2/7 now, really, with my tot.

But, gods, modding is awsome! And I am telling it to you now, when I just finished testing my first dialogues in NWN2 OC, and found out that:

1) All my ' were converted into ", so I will have to repalce all of them manually in the Toolset

2) I need to somehow re-write a custom script that doesn't work

3) I need to go over a huge dialogue files assigning the nods to the proper NPC as a speaker.

4) And I am already growing grey when I think about the scripts to come that I need for the mod to come to life.

:) Wow Domi, that's quite a list. Talk about being an overachiever!

Gods, if only I had a time machine, and English as my first language and wasn't such an idiot in programming!

Heh. I'm right there with you. I got so may ideas and yet so little programming skills. :)

Archived